Sleeper TE's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper TE's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sleeper TE's

Postby Wood Chipper » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 am

I am participating in a 2 TE league this year and was curious as to who I should target as a TE2. Right now I am considering Brent Celek, Fred Davis, and Coby Fleener. Suggestions?
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sleeper TE's

Postby daullaz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 am

Wood Chipper wrote:I am participating in a 2 TE league this year and was curious as to who I should target as a TE2. Right now I am considering Brent Celek, Fred Davis, and Coby Fleener. Suggestions?

Davis will likely be drafted as a TE1 -- his current ADP has him eighth off the board. Fleener is 13th and Celek is 15th, so they're on the high-end of the TE2 spectrum for you if it's a 12-teamer.

More ADPs here: http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/ad ... =12&pos=te

TE2s I'd look into include Owen Daniels, Jared Cook and, if you wait a while to grab one and fill other positions, Marcedes Lewis and Martellus Bennett.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Lets not forget good old Tony G ;-D
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby petedog9 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Jacob Tamme - Denver..... He was Fantasy gold a few year's back filling in for Clark. Manning knows him and likes him.
A few others of note...
Charles Clay -Miami
Tony Moekai is back healthy with KC
Jared Cook - Not really a sleeper but will put up strong numbers again this year.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I think Tamme, Martellus Bennett, fleener, Gresham, and Keller should perform better than where they are drafted
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think Tamme, Martellus Bennett, fleener, Gresham, and Keller should perform better than where they are drafted

I'm not a fan of Bennett. I remember reading an article a few weeks back about him being 297 lbs. He will probably be used just for blocking if he maintains that weight.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Talking sleepers...

Tamme is getting all the love out of Denver, but they signed Dressen as well - bears watching.

Lots of hype over Lance Kendricks last year - I believe the Rams spent a 2011 2nd (or 3rd) round pick on him. No off season going into 11 and some bad drops hurt him badly. I'd keep an eye on him too.

Kyle Rudolph on the Vikings showed some glimpses last year, Ponder needs somebody other than Harvin to throw to.

Zach Miller was god awful in Seattle year 1, Carlson has moved on & Miller couldn't have gotten terrible all of the sudden could he?

Kellen Davis on the Bears, Lovie has been talking him up, I don't buy it, but a new offense with shiny new toys to throw to... Davis could emerge in theroy w/ Marshall/Jeffery/Bennet/Hester/Forte/Bush drawing most of the attention from opposing defenses.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Some might view it as homerism, but Dustin Keller is providing great late draft value if you want to wait to grab the 11th or 12th TE off the board. He is Sanchez's favorite target and led the Jets in receptions and yards last year. He is also in a contract year and we have seen what that does to players.

2011 Rankings
Receptions - 65 - 9th
Yards - 815 - 9th
Touchdowns - 5 - Tied for 12th

I can definitely see another 10 receptions for about 100+ yards and his touchdowns can definitely improve as well. I've been snagging him or Gresham as my TE in a few mocks.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Get used to seeing the Christian Ponder-to-Kyle Rudolph connection. Through two days of practice in Mankato, Rudolph has been Ponder’s favorite target, catching countless short passes in the flat as well as a handful across the middle. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave continues to laud Rudolph’s size. At 6-foot-6 with a huge catching radius, Rudolph is easy for Ponder to spot. He’s also come to camp this year bulkier but without losing any agility and seems poised for a breakout season with the ways Musgrave is promising to involve his tight ends.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 53186.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm pretty high on Randolph. I also think Moeki and Housler will be great TE2's
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Next

Return to Football Talk