Sleeper TE's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sleeper TE's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sleeper TE's

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 pm

I mentioned it in a different thread, but I'm big on Fleener as a sleeper TE. My prediction isn't too far fetched - 700 yards 7 touchdowns, which is right on par with the bottom half of the top ten. You should be able to find him in the latter rounds of a normal re-draft league and I do not think he'll disappoint in the least.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:15 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I mentioned it in a different thread, but I'm big on Fleener as a sleeper TE. My prediction isn't too far fetched - 700 yards 7 touchdowns, which is right on par with the bottom half of the top ten. You should be able to find him in the latter rounds of a normal re-draft league and I do not think he'll disappoint in the least.

I just picked him up in a new Cafe redraft at 10.10 (132nd overall) as the 13th TE off the board. He can be had late, for sure.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Wood Chipper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah I have it narrowed down to Coby Fleener or Brent Celek for TE2.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby yualreadyknow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:51 pm

If you are just looking at production (PPR), going Davis and Celek is the safest route. No question these two guys are safety valves for RGIII and Vick respectively. They are going to be scoring options especially within the red zone more often than not.

I can't say the same about Fleener just yet. If they decide that they are running two TE sets in Indy, there's just as much of a chance that Allen will get TDs while Fleener blocks more rather than vice versa. Fleener :-t
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:37 pm

yualreadyknow wrote:If you are just looking at production (PPR), going Davis and Celek is the safest route. No question these two guys are safety valves for RGIII and Vick respectively. They are going to be scoring options especially within the red zone more often than not.

I can't say the same about Fleener just yet. If they decide that they are running two TE sets in Indy, there's just as much of a chance that Allen will get TDs while Fleener blocks more rather than vice versa. Fleener :-t

He's 6'6 and around 240lb. For reference, John Runyan was around the same height (6'7) and 330lb, almost 100 more. You don't draft a TE that early of that frame to be a blocker.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby yualreadyknow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:42 pm

You're right. You don't do that. But apparently, Indy is considering why. Perhaps one of many decisions that explain their current state of affairs. I hope they won't as well but I don't doubt they will try this. Let's not forget Chris Cooley played that same role a lot with Washington.
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 am

yualreadyknow wrote:If you are just looking at production (PPR), going Davis and Celek is the safest route. No question these two guys are safety valves for RGIII and Vick respectively. They are going to be scoring options especially within the red zone more often than not.

For the record, Allen is a far better blocker than Fleener is. In fact, Allen was listed in all the scouting books as being far better at blocking than Fleener. Having said that, I think Fleener is a far better candidate to catch TDs.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:06 am

I respect that. I didn't make this up. I promise you.
Until the games are played, guess we play "wait and see". Excellent thought though.
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk