Miscellaneous Chatter and BS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League

Miscellaneous Chatter and BS

Moderators: Indibuck, Devil Doc, Football Moderators

Re: Miscellaneous Chatter and BS

Postby joejlitz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:16 am

Devil Doc wrote:I'll be posting polls for those rules that people wish to be changed as it gets closer to the NFL draft.

Can you post in here when you put up a new thread or PM us so we know to check this forum?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Devil Doc » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:30 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Devil Doc wrote:I'll be posting polls for those rules that people wish to be changed as it gets closer to the NFL draft.

Can you post in here when you put up a new thread or PM us so we know to check this forum?

Absolutely.

I'll set up a new thread, PM everyone, as well as send a message through Fleaflicker.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Devil Doc » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:52 pm

So had a bunch of friends over, and got drunk...while playing Loaded Questions Adult Version...for those of you who haven't played that yet...I suggest it. Get a bunch of your closest friends, proceed to get drunk, and play this game. I promise you won't regret it.

As I type this...yes I am intoxicated.

I love Pabst Blue riBBON.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 100)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Welcome to our newest owner! Eddy something or other! Glad to have you. You're going down, though.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 pm

saying it out loud, think of me next time there is an open spot. Love a league this active in the off season
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 pm

murphysxm wrote:saying it out loud, think of me next time there is an open spot. Love a league this active in the off season

;-D ;-D ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Has the draft date been determined?
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:07 am

REF: Rule changes for next year.

Instinctive wrote:An actual cut-down date, before the draft.

I like the way it is. NFL teams don't have to make cuts until after the draft. In fact, they don't have to do it until right before the regular season.

One big benefit of keeping it this way is that we are not forced to draft for specific positions.

For example: If I have 2 WRs that are borderline cuts, and I decide to cut them before the draft, than that changes my draft strategy significantly and I may be forced to grab a WR over a much better player at another position. If I had held on to the WRs before the draft, I would have the flexibility to make a better decision.

I do think cuts should be made expeditiously following the draft. In our case, I think 9 JUN is quite acceptable. No issues there.

Instinctive wrote:We shouldn't just randomly be at however many players you want until you're ready to cut people

Agree with this. I think we all go into the draft with the same number of players - in our case that would be 32. And if we have 5 rounds next year, then we all come out of the draft with 37 players.

Give people a week to cut their rosters back to 32, open the WW, and smoke a cigar. ;-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Dolfan19 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:27 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Instinctive wrote:We shouldn't just randomly be at however many players you want until you're ready to cut people

Agree with this. I think we all go into the draft with the same number of players - in our case that would be 32. And if we have 5 rounds next year, then we all come out of the draft with 37 players.

But, due to trades an such some people will have more than 5 picks and will then have more than 37 players.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Instinctive » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Dolfan19 wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

But, due to trades an such some people will have more than 5 picks and will then have more than 37 players.

And, to be fair, having us all at 32 pre-draft is its own kind of cut-down, isn't it?

I think we should expand to 37 at the end of the season. That's step 1.

Step 2: either we cut down to 32 post-draft, or we don't. I'm ok either way, as long as...

Step 3: We open waivers on a certain date. Even if we're still at 37 (I'm ok with that) we shouldn't have to wait forever on waivers. It eliminates the advantage of being an active offseason owner.

Step 4: Cut down for the season. Either we already did this in step 2, or now we cut down to 32 after having 37 all offseason.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League