Dolphins RB's

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Interesting battle shaping up in Miami's new offense:

Miami Dolphins Blog
Miami Dolphins have a deep backfield in 2012
Omar Kelly
Sun Sentinel
2:09 p.m. EDT, July 17, 2012

Reggie Bush silenced his critics last season, proving that he could shoulder the load as an NFL featured back for the Miami Dolphins in 2011.

Can the former Heisman Trophy winner do it again, and will he continue to blossom in Miami's new west coast offense, which should highlight his pass catching skills?

That's the biggest question regarding the Dolphins' ground game, which features Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller, two talented, young tailbacks who could eat into Bush's snaps considering he's a free agent at the end of the season.

Bush will need to continue averaging 5.0 yards per carry to hold off the youngsters.

con't...

more: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 4310.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dolphins RB's

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Im not certain Bush can duplicate last year but I still fee he is the back to have in a redraft. Dynasty is another story. I think Bush holds off the youngsters another year but the Dolphins need to see what they have in the young guys with Bush being a FA next year
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Wood Chipper » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:05 am

I was high on Daniel Thomas as a sleeper last year. I didn't think Bush would do so well. Thomas would be a good fantasy back if he was the #1 back.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Tuesday night's episode of Hard Knocks revealed that Dolphins RB Daniel Thomas has been in coach Joe Philbin's doghouse of late.
After flashing questionable instincts and refusing to run with the power befitting a 230-pound back last season, Thomas has shown a lack of personal responsibility this summer. "I'm getting a little queasy about you," said Philbin. "You got to take responsibility for your own career, what you're doing and when you're doing it. I don't want to come talk to you again." To this point, Thomas looks like a second-round bust. As he's clearly not a favorite of the new coaching staff, perhaps the Lions will inquire into his availability.
Aug 28 - 11:41 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, not gonna sift thru that site to find quote, but those are some real strong words. Not sure if I am more stunned at a hc allowing such a quote to be publicized or that he used the word "queasy" :-b

Either way, Thomas better take those words to heart.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Cuffs » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Thing is Thomas's YPC seem to be up pretty well this year. Who knows. Maybe the coaches think he's the kind of player that responds better to public motivation. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bush get injured and Thomas wind up being a solid RB2 this season.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby LouisC9999 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:I was high on Daniel Thomas as a sleeper last year. I didn't think Bush would do so well. Thomas would be a good fantasy back if he was the #1 back.

Same here. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams were gone and all he had to contend with was Reggie Bush. I thought it was the perfect situation.

He had two 'teaser' games at the beginning of the season (where I rejected a trade offer for him) but was total crap the rest of the way.
LouisC9999
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WastelandENT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:05 am

As a Dolphin fan, I think Bush has much more value than Thomas or Miller this year. He is a better pass catcher than both of them and seeing as the fins have very little talent at WR they will probably target Bush a lot this year. I think Bush puts up better numbers than last year and earns his paycheck in FA next year, I am grabbing him in most of my leagues if I can.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm

The Dolphins did not update the status of Daniel Thomas (concussion) following Sunday's loss to the Texans.
Thomas looked really woozy after taking a shot to the head from Texans S Glover Quin. He was quickly ruled out for the game, a sign that it could be a serious concussion. Reggie Bush figures to see a boost in touches if Thomas sits in Week 2.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Sep 10 - 10:46 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 am

Daniel Thomas, Anthony Armstrong return to practice
By Shandel Richardson Sun Sentinel
12:08 p.m. EDT, September 20, 2012

DAVIE— Dolphins running back Daniel Thomas returned to practice Wednesday, perhaps giving a sign he will play against the New York Jets Sunday.

Daniels had been held out since sustaining a concussion in the first half of the season-opener against the Houston Texans. The hit caused a fumble, which led to a touchdown that put the Texans ahead 24-3.

Thomas left with 11 yards on three carries and one reception for 32 yards.

In other news, Receiver Anthony Armstrong, who missed Sunday’s game against the Raiders because of a hamstring injury, participated in practice. Defensive tackle Tony McDaniel, who has been nursing a knee injury since early August, spent the afternoon rehabbing.

Get the latest Miami Dolphins news, scores and analysis with the Sun Sentinel's FREE iPhone and Android app. Download it today

Thomas and Armstrong both said they will play Sunday.

The Dolphins signed former FSU defensive tackle Andre Fluellen to address his absence.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss
stomperrob

Next

Return to Football Talk