Which RB do I go with at #4? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Which RB do I go with at #4? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which RB do I go with at #4? WHIR

Postby Brady82 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:56 am

I HAD my three keepers picked for the league I run, but then MLynch had to get in trouble AGAIN. Now, I'm keeping DBrees, MForte and WWelker (who replaced ML for me, no one else was really worth it on my 2011 roster). So, now I'm going RB at #4 instead of WR. All of the following guys could be available at 4 for me, but each has some concern because of injury or not proven enough. Who do you think I should take if he's there:

T-Rich, DMurray, MTurner, DMcFadden, APeterson, JCharles, DSproles, RBush, DMartin?

(standard scoring w/6pts for passing td, 8 starters, non-ppr) WHIR! B-) :-)
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which RB do I go with at #4? WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:15 pm

I would go with Trent Richardson especially in non-PPR. He is the every down back and does not have as big of injury concerns as some of these players have. If he was not there I would go Charles, McFadden than Murray.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Jason497 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:22 pm

I like Mcfadden, Richardson, Charles, and Murray. Couldn't fault you for going Richardson over Mcfadden though that one is as close as it gets to me.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Brady82 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 pm

thanks for the input so far, guys!! now, if i could only get the rest of the owners in my leauge to put in their keepers (6 left to do so), I could have such good idea on who will be there for me. I know that Charles is going to be there (his '11 owner put in his keepers, but they're not set in stone until 8/19) and T-Rich MIGHT be there (one of the three owners picking before me also should be going RB...but his aren't in yet) :-? :-S
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Zbetty » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:51 pm

McFadden will get you points when healthy. He has the highest upside but also a lot of risk. If you want to play it safe I would go with Richardson. He plays for a terrible offense but they will be feeding him the ball nonstop.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Brady82 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Okay, I just read this at CBS - should I pay attention to it, or still just go with someone w/less problems?

News: Pro Football Talk threw out an interesting idea on the situation involving Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch. Because his DUI arrest this week was a violation of the substance-abuse policy and not the personal-conduct policy, and it was his first such violation, he would not be subject to a suspension unless the league felt there were "aggravating circumstances." Lynch has been arrested once before and had a notable run-in with the law prior to his first arrest but no charges involving a substance were involved. Furthermore, Lynch's arraignment on his DUI won't be until Aug. 14, well after training camp has begun. It sounds as if he plans to fight the case -- his lawyer thinks it's debatable Lynch was legally drunk at the time of his arrest -- and the league won't suspend a player for a substance problem until he either pleads guilty or is found guilty. Analysis: The longer Lynch can hold off a guilty verdict (or plea), the longer he can play before he's suspended. No court proceedings will happen until mid-August and with it appearing that he'll fight the case, no verdict might be reached until late in the fall or early winter, possibly later. So it stands to reason that Lynch will indeed be available to begin the regular season on-time. Though he's a knucklehead for getting in trouble with the law again, it's what he does on the field that matters to Fantasy owners. Lynch might actually turn into a bargain worth gambling on if he's available toward the end of Round 2 or anywhere in Round 3. To make the gamble safer, owners who spend a pick on Lynch should also pick up Seahawks rookie running back Robert Turbin with a pick starting in Round 10. Turbin would likely serve as the running downs rusher if Lynch were to receive a suspension. As always, we'll keep you posted on what goes down with Lynch but be aware that his situation is fluid and his value could change quickly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bleak » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:58 pm

I'd go with McFadden or Trent depending on who's available BUT I'd still take the risk on Lynch even though he might miss a couple games.
bleak
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Brady82 wrote:Okay, I just read this at CBS - should I pay attention to it, or still just go with someone w/less problems?

News: Pro Football Talk threw out an interesting idea on the situation involving Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch. Because his DUI arrest this week was a violation of the substance-abuse policy and not the personal-conduct policy, and it was his first such violation, he would not be subject to a suspension unless the league felt there were "aggravating circumstances." Lynch has been arrested once before and had a notable run-in with the law prior to his first arrest but no charges involving a substance were involved. Furthermore, Lynch's arraignment on his DUI won't be until Aug. 14, well after training camp has begun. It sounds as if he plans to fight the case -- his lawyer thinks it's debatable Lynch was legally drunk at the time of his arrest -- and the league won't suspend a player for a substance problem until he either pleads guilty or is found guilty. Analysis: The longer Lynch can hold off a guilty verdict (or plea), the longer he can play before he's suspended. No court proceedings will happen until mid-August and with it appearing that he'll fight the case, no verdict might be reached until late in the fall or early winter, possibly later. So it stands to reason that Lynch will indeed be available to begin the regular season on-time. Though he's a knucklehead for getting in trouble with the law again, it's what he does on the field that matters to Fantasy owners. Lynch might actually turn into a bargain worth gambling on if he's available toward the end of Round 2 or anywhere in Round 3. To make the gamble safer, owners who spend a pick on Lynch should also pick up Seahawks rookie running back Robert Turbin with a pick starting in Round 10. Turbin would likely serve as the running downs rusher if Lynch were to receive a suspension. As always, we'll keep you posted on what goes down with Lynch but be aware that his situation is fluid and his value could change quickly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PFT and Lynch's camp can throw around whatever details or loopholes they want. Bottom line is that GODell has complete power over the players no matter the situation. He suspends primarily based on backlash, and this is creating a decent news story.

I see Lynch as I do Helu/Hightower/Shanahan now: Forget the headache, and go with somebody else.

From your list, I go: Richardson (bell cow back, despite the ugly games he'll have against PGH/BAL), DMC (foot surgery completely healed, could've gone last year if Bush wasn't playing lights out, but he will get hurt again at some point), Murray, Turner, Sproles, DMartin, Charles/AP (I don't trust skill players, especially RBs, coming off of injuries like ACLs. Breaks/others are fine, but not knee/ankle/ligament injuries), Bush.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:35 pm

I go with Richardson or Lynch. Lynch is now becoming a player to target, not shy away from.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BurritoBoy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:38 am

Mizou wrote:PFT and Lynch's camp can throw around whatever details or loopholes they want. Bottom line is that GODell has complete power over the players no matter the situation. He suspends primarily based on backlash, and this is creating a decent news story.

I see Lynch as I do Helu/Hightower/Shanahan now: Forget the headache, and go with somebody else.

From your list, I go: Richardson (bell cow back, despite the ugly games he'll have against PGH/BAL), DMC (foot surgery completely healed, could've gone last year if Bush wasn't playing lights out, but he will get hurt again at some point), Murray, Turner, Sproles, DMartin, Charles/AP (I don't trust skill players, especially RBs, coming off of injuries like ACLs. Breaks/others are fine, but not knee/ankle/ligament injuries), Bush.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. Lynch will receive punishment, Goodell is the Judge, Jury, AND Executioner. If he wants, he will punish Lynch/Britt/Bryant/Dumervil/Peterson (the most recent guys) however he damn well pleases.

I feel the same way about guys coming about serious injuries like they did. I like Charles more because his injury was so much earlier.

Richardson (could be big, but 6 games agianst very good Ds every year)
DMC (great when healthy, but will miss time)
Turner (seemed to die off at the end of the year, but was still a top 10 guy)
Murray (injury prone, started out very strong then died before the injury)
Charles (Hillis should be his new TD vulture, but he has great speed and burst)
Martin (seems to be the top guy there, big O line could help him)
AP (doubt he even starts the year, may even be on PUP)
Sproles (would be higher if PPR, crowded backfield means less opportunities)
Bush (Don't trust him)
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions