Which RB do I go with at #4? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Which RB do I go with at #4? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Which RB do I go with at #4? WHIR

Postby Brady82 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:54 am

I REALLY appreciate all of the great insite i'm getting so far!! And very happy to see that almost 100% are giving the thumbs up for T-Rich. I've been targeting the big rook for most of the summer, now I have to wait to see if he's still there at #4. If anyone would still be interested by then, I'll post who I end up with on 8/27 here. Plz keep the opinions coming in!! I need to get back on top of this league, where I belong!! ;-D B-) ;-) :^ :-B :-D :-b :-)
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am

I would rank your options:
Richardson
Mcfadden
Charles
Murray

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Brady82 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Again, all the feedback is great (please keep it coming when possible). The updates I'm finding on Lynch are making me consider still keeping him instead of Welker. If this does turn out to be the case (I have until 8/19 for the keepers deadline, a week before our draft), I am still going to go with an RB with the fourth pick. This will provide me some breathing room as the punishment on Lynch is decided upon. Since starting this post, keepers have been slowly coming in for this season. I know these four will be available when draft day comes - 2 rookies, 2 not kept (but will Richardson be there at #4?): T-Rich, JCharles, DMurray, DMartin, in order of preference. :-? :-S

Can Lynch be worth it, even if he does have to skip one or more games? I read at seahawks.com today that he plans on having a great year.
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby thefantasytutor » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 pm

I think the decision comes down to Richardson or McFadden. DMC is more of a high-risk, high-reward type guy. If you fee like being a gambler, grab him. Personally I would go with Richardson though, he has the talent and opportunity to be a nice RB on your team along with Forte.

Can you give me your advice on my topic, it is "Forte Keeper Question?"
thefantasytutor
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Brady82 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:06 pm

OKAY, NOW today's newest update from cbs sports:

Lynch DUI won't affect season

News: Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch likely won't be suspended this season by commissioner Roger Goodell. Lynch pled not guilty to his DUI charge this week and his attorney, Ivan Golde, doesn't expect the charge to affect Lynch's 2012 season. “This will not interfere with football in any way, this is an after-the-season issue,” Golde told the Tacoma News Tribune. Golde also said he thinks his client can win the case. “We're going to completely prove his innocence, no doubt about it.” Analysis: Lynch could potentially play the full season without a suspension. Still makes sense to handcuff him to Robert Turbin but he has obvious No. 1 Fantasy potential and you might be able to land him in Round 2 or late Round 1

Okay, guys. Now I'm even more convinced I should keep Lynch (vs. Welker) as my third/final keeper. But should I still go for T-Rich (rookie)/JCharles (inj)/DeMMurray (inj), the top 3 RB that COULD be there at #4 for me......or go for a starting WR since I don't have one (& Megatron, AJohnson, Fitzy, RWhite, GJennings, HNicks, Gonko & JGraham all being keepers)???? :-S :-?
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BurritoBoy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:59 pm

I think you should still keep Lynch. Once he gets back if he misses any time, he will still be the heart of that offense, and big points. COuld help big time in the playoffs.

As far as those WRs, I don't think any of them are worth taking at 4, since all the best ones are being kept. I still think that best of Rich, Martin, DMC, Charles that is there at 4 you should take. It's a tough spot though cuz you'd miss out on most of the top WRs. If you were to keep Welker I'd say its a no brainer to go RB. But unless you love the WR who is there at 4 I would most likely go with RB

viewtopic.php?t=514510
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Brady82 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Here's my 2nd-to-last post on the whole subject (the last being who I got): after throwing it back & forth so much, I'm not keeping Lynch (with his still-possible suspension looming, connected to his off-the-field problems). He's not worth the headache. So, my keepers are Brees, Forte and Welker. At number 4, this is the order my pick will go: T-Rich, if not available, then JCharles, if not available, then DeMMurray. Will post the way it turns out within the month. Thanks again for all of the help/info.
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby palacebrawlII » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 am

I would rank the RB's as follows. Lynch in a non PPR is good but I would rather keep Welker and take a shot at getting Richardson with your first pick. You should get a solid RB no matter what the case but it looks like the receiver dropoff may be a little bigger. Here's my ranks in a non-ppr league.

T-Rich
Lynch
DMcFadden
DMurray
MTurner
Peterson/Charles (Risks)

Help? viewtopic.php?t=514549
palacebrawlII
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 am

T-Rich, DMurray, DMcFadden, APeterson,

IF you're standing at 4, you should take an RB.

I would eliminate Turner and Sproles as they will not be as involved in the running game as the other choices. They got studs at WR on both teams.

I would eliminate Bush and Charles only because you can do better in this case.
I would eliminate Doug Martin because the opportunity to get a stud in the 4th round is rare. If he doesn't prove himself, you will see a time share with Blount.

T-Rich is a stud and a steal at 4.

A.P., Murray, and run DMC are coming off injuries but all have the capability to get you big time scores in a PPR. Most notably, A.P. and DMC can net multiple scores in one game due to how the offense is run. I don't trust Murray's injury history and I doubt the 'Boys will run him the way they did last year for fear of injury. That's why they expect Jones and Tanner to step up.

Either T-Rich or RunDMC. Go McFadden for the win!
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Brady82 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:09 pm

This is my 2nd-to-last post (I was wrong the first time I wrote that, obviously :-B ). I've changed my mind about NOT keeping Lynch. It really looks like nothing is going to happen to him in the near future....so I have to keep him, with him being the unquestionable starter. My draft is two weeks from today (keepers are locked in as of next Saturday) - have Brees, Forte & Lynch. The game-plan is now this: if T-Rich is there at #4 for me, I'll still take him.....gives him more time to heal and work his way into the starting lineup; if he's not there, I'll go with my WR #1 (there will be some decent higher-ranked ones, like top 10, there). Then, I would grab Doug Martin with my round 2 pick (if there)... unless JCharles or DMMurray are there - then it'll be a draft-time decision. :-S

Next/last reply from me will be the summary of how my draft went. :-D
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions