Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league? WHIR

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Heres my league url. Leave a link and ill help you too!

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffi ... sonId=2012

Thanks!!!

PS. Sorry i didn't give much info, most of the information, can be found in the leagues home page. :)
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league?

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:48 pm

I like Long Beach Blaze, Hippieland Hippies and Team Magnanti.

I really don't like Show Me Your TD's - makes no sense to draft 4 QB's when you only start 1 and they can't be used in the Flex. For the same reason I don't like Team Magnanti and U Mad who both grabbed 3 QB's.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 pm

stomperrob wrote:I like Long Beach Blaze, Hippieland Hippies and Team Magnanti.

I really don't like Show Me Your TD's - makes no sense to draft 4 QB's when you only start 1 and they can't be used in the Flex. For the same reason I don't like Team Magnanti and U Mad who both grabbed 3 QB's.

Ok thank you for answering. Not exactly the answer I was looking for, so that means my team needs work. What do you think I should do to improve my team "steeler nation?" Id like to be one of the powerhouse teams coming into the season. Below is the url for my team.
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse? ... PeriodId=1

PS. Why do all of the moderators have one directions in their signatures?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:23 pm

bigdogg712 wrote:

Ok thank you for answering. Not exactly the answer I was looking for, so that means my team needs work. What do you think I should do to improve my team "steeler nation?" Id like to be one of the powerhouse teams coming into the season. Below is the url for my team.

You have a very solid team - can't beat Brady, Rice and Gronk. Biggest concern is health - will Best, LeShoure and Nicks be 100% and stay healthy - if so, they are all good. Turner may see a reduced workload this season.Blackmon is a bit of a question mark but will be good if his head is on straight. I like Flotd but the QB situation is a mess in Ari. Burleson and LaFell are okay but nothing special - I would drop one of them and grab Torrey Smith asap (also I might consider dropping the other for Jon Baldwin who should boom or bust this year). I'm not big on the Falcons D, drop them for the Jets.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Four new Mods have those as a hazing - the old timers don't have them! :-D
stomperrob

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:42 pm

stomperrob wrote:
bigdogg712 wrote:

You have a very solid team - can't beat Brady, Rice and Gronk. Biggest concern is health - will Best, LeShoure and Nicks be 100% and stay healthy - if so, they are all good. Turner may see a reduced workload this season.Blackmon is a bit of a question mark but will be good if his head is on straight. I like Flotd but the QB situation is a mess in Ari. Burleson and LaFell are okay but nothing special - I would drop one of them and grab Torrey Smith asap (also I might consider dropping the other for Jon Baldwin who should boom or bust this year). I'm not big on the Falcons D, drop them for the Jets.

Ok. Thanks. I dropped burleson for smith even before you posted this lol. Could you help me come up with a trade for a blue-chip wideout? I think that's where my team struggle. I'd love to start a player like calvin, andre, larry, or roddy, along side of nicks for my wr spots. The problem is, I SUCK at making trades. My trades are either so bad for me that I cancel them, or so bad for them that they don't get accepted. Could you look at the other teams in the league and tell me what I could offer to them to get a blue chip WR? I know nicks is a to guy, but I want someone better.

Thanks, and hope you get through the hazing lol
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:07 pm

I might just stick for now - Nicks is top 10, Maclin and Smith should be solid and Lloyd could possibly put up decent numbers in NE. You could try and trade 2 solid WR's for 1 really good WR, but nothing really jumps out at me as far as trades (but most won't trade quantity for quality).
stomperrob

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 pm

stomperrob wrote:I might just stick for now - Nicks is top 10, Maclin and Smith should be solid and Lloyd could possibly put up decent numbers in NE. You could try and trade 2 solid WR's for 1 really good WR, but nothing really jumps out at me as far as trades (but most won't trade quantity for quality).

Ok, thanks. Let me know if anything pops out at you. In your original post, you didn't list my team as one of the better teams in the league, so id like to improve on that. What about getting a better RB3 to use in my flex?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Either Best or Leshoure, or both could turn out to be a pleasant surprise this season - I think one of those will be a solid RB3 for you. I like stockpiling RB's - I would drop Lafell and take a flier on a young RB who could put up decent numbers as the #2 on his team and who could even possibly challenge the starter at some point this season - FA's in your league that I like are: Robert Turbin, Ronnie Hillman, Alex Green, Taiwan Jones, Ryan Williams and Lamar Miller - I would grab one of these and watch them all in training camp, if he flops dump him for one of the others - my own preference would be Hillman but they all are risky picks in a redraft.
stomperrob

Postby bigdogg712 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 am

stomperrob wrote:Either Best or Leshoure, or both could turn out to be a pleasant surprise this season - I think one of those will be a solid RB3 for you. I like stockpiling RB's - I would drop Lafell and take a flier on a young RB who could put up decent numbers as the #2 on his team and who could even possibly challenge the starter at some point this season - FA's in your league that I like are: Robert Turbin, Ronnie Hillman, Alex Green, Taiwan Jones, Ryan Williams and Lamar Miller - I would grab one of these and watch them all in training camp, if he flops dump him for one of the others - my own preference would be Hillman but they all are risky picks in a redraft.

Id do that, but Im quite high on Lafell this season. I like him as the only other receiver with some talent on CAR other than steve smith
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings