Waivers and Free Agency Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Waivers and Free Agency Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Waivers and Free Agency Question

Postby Terribletowel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:02 pm

All,

I am hosting my league on the NFL's website. I would like for my waivers and free agency to work like this:

1. Draft
2. All players are locked after the draft
3. After MNF, I would like to have a time slot to make FAAB on all locked players.
4. After the bids are processed, I would like Free Agency to begin for all players (FCFS).
5. Process repeats.

Is it possible to do this on the NFL's website or any other free hosting website?

Thanks.
Terribletowel
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Waivers and Free Agency Question

Postby gdemore » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:06 pm

We used NFL Fantasy League Manager last season and you're able to do this. The explanation and help on their website sucks so I detailed it out in our league constitution:

Code: Select all
WAIVER ACQUISITION BUDGET (WAB)
WAB is a blind bidding waiver system which allows all owners to have a chance at obtaining a player during the weekly waiver free agency making a fair system.  The owner that bids the highest for a player will get him. Since this is a blind bidding process, no one knows what the other owners are bidding (Commissioners do not have access to these bids).

Each owner is allotted a seasonal waiver budget of $100. This seasonal budget is the amount of points that each team has at their disposal to bid on available players.
Free agents will waiver lock early Tuesday morning after Monday Night Football which marks the start of that weeks WAB period and all owners will have the opportunity to submit bids on waiver players up to Thursday, approx 1AM MT:

The process to claim a player goes as follows:

Go to the "Players" page to locate a player that you wish to add.
Click the Add symbol next to the player that you want to bid on.
Enter how many WAB points you would like to use in your bid for this player.
Hit the "Confirm Add".

"Zero" points can be bid on players and if no one outbids you, you will be awarded the player
Owners should consider getting out bid by other owners when submitting their bids and take advantage of putting in multiple claims. See the “WAB Example” below.

If multiple owners bid for the same player and tie the Waiver Priority will be used to break the tie. This Waiver Priority is determined by the Inverse Order of the Standings.
The WAB period ends (Thursdays, 1AM MT)

The team with the highest bid wins that player and is charged the amount of waiver points that they bid to obtain the player.  If you bid on a player, but lose to a higher bid, you do not forfeit the amount of points that you bid.  For example:
If you win the bid at $30, and the next highest bid was $20, you still pay $30 for your player.
All players that are not bid on and pass through the WAB wire will become free agents and can get be picked up on a first-come-first-serve basis until that free agent’s game has started that week --- you will not need to bid on these players.  Once that player’s game has begun, he will be locked and no longer available until the WAB period begins the following week.

Every player dropped by an owner will waiver lock for 2 days before becoming a free agent.  This means the WAB bidding process applies during this 2 period for which owners can place bids to attain the player.  If no bids are placed on the dropped player after 2 days then he becomes a free agent and available to any owner on a first-come-first-serve basis until the start of that players game and will then enter the WAB bidding process cycle on Tuesday morning.  For example:

Owner-B drops Ricky Williams on Thursday as a result of winning Tim Tebow for $14.  Orton is now locked for 2 days and must go through the WAB wavier system during this time before becoming a FA (first-come-first-serve).  Bids will process for Orton early Sunday morning (approx 1AM MT) and if no bids are made he will become a FA immediately available to any owner on a first-come-first-serve basis.  If no one picks up Orton he becomes waiver locked at his game time and will enter the WAB process on Tuesday morning.
A player’s waiver status can be seen by going to PLAYERS tab / Player List / Status: All Available

Add/Drops are unlimited and are allowed through the regular season and playoffs.
gdemore

Re: Waivers and Free Agency Question

Postby Terribletowel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks for the info. It's possible that the way I want my league to function is not possible. I simply want all players to lock at the kickoff of their game. I then want to 1 day bidding period for all players and not just the waived players. After that, I would like all players to be considered "Free Agents" and are picked up first come first serve.

Is there any hosting site where this setup is possible?
Terribletowel

Return to Commissioner's Corner