Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league? WHIR

Postby bigdogg712 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffi ... sonId=2012

This is a new league. I asked the same question about my other league, so id like some insight into this league.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which team (teams) do you are the best in this league?

Postby brm2073 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:17 am

I like Itsurbirthday, DBL XL and Perez the best. Tree Devils and Hold my Vick get a honorable mention.
brm2073
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:28 am

brm2073 wrote:I like Itsurbirthday, DBL XL and Perez the best. Tree Devils and Hold my Vick get a honorable mention.

Ok, well you didn't mention my team, steel curtain, so what can I do to improve?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:39 am

STARTERS
QB Eli Manning, NYG QB
RB Jamaal Charles, KC RB
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB
WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
TE Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
FLEX Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
D/ST Falcons D/ST D/ST
K Garrett Hartley, NO K

BENCH Brandon Lloyd, NE WR
Ben Tate, Hou RB
Robert Meachem, SD WR
Denarius Moore, Oak WR
Sidney Rice, Sea WR Q
Josh Freeman, TB QB
Alex Smith, SF QB

Ok QB you are fine except you should drop one of the backups and grab a (RB, WR, TE).

RB you are hurting badly. Jamal Charles wont be quite the same till next year. BGE is a very very low #2 and Tate is just a very talented backup. Your RB's will be the fall of this team.

WR's are very very solid. You have the top 2 WR's available and Hakeem Nicks who is top 10. Lloyd should be solid on NE but not as good as the years before. Meachem should be sufficient fill in and Denarius Moore is a solid sleeper that will surprise this year.

TE is ok but a bit average.

So what I would do is trade Either Nicks or Fitz to upgrade at RB. Even throw out Lloyd into the mix and be sure to point out his last years numbers. He wont duplicate them the idea is to make them think he will so you get good players in return.

;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bigdogg712 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:13 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:STARTERS
QB Eli Manning, NYG QB
RB Jamaal Charles, KC RB
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB
WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
TE Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
FLEX Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
D/ST Falcons D/ST D/ST
K Garrett Hartley, NO K

BENCH Brandon Lloyd, NE WR
Ben Tate, Hou RB
Robert Meachem, SD WR
Denarius Moore, Oak WR
Sidney Rice, Sea WR Q
Josh Freeman, TB QB
Alex Smith, SF QB

Ok QB you are fine except you should drop one of the backups and grab a (RB, WR, TE).

RB you are hurting badly. Jamal Charles wont be quite the same till next year. BGE is a very very low #2 and Tate is just a very talented backup. Your RB's will be the fall of this team.

WR's are very very solid. You have the top 2 WR's available and Hakeem Nicks who is top 10. Lloyd should be solid on NE but not as good as the years before. Meachem should be sufficient fill in and Denarius Moore is a solid sleeper that will surprise this year.

TE is ok but a bit average.

So what I would do is trade Either Nicks or Fitz to upgrade at RB. Even throw out Lloyd into the mix and be sure to point out his last years numbers. He wont duplicate them the idea is to make them think he will so you get good players in return.

;-D

OK thanks. Ithought that taking calvin then fitz in the first 2 rounds, made my WRs the heart and sole of my team. Then i was suppressed that Ialso got charles and nicks. I don't want to have to give up my 3 starting WRs to get another RB, so do you think I could flip lloyd, moore, and maybe meachem for a solid RB? Maybe a guy like steven jackson or Ryan Matthews or someone like that? Would that be worth it? DO you think they'd accept it? If not, who should I target?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby brm2073 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Your WRs are stacked no doubt about it but as the previous poster pointed out you could use some help at RB. Id def try and make a trade with all the good WRs you have especially since this isnt a PPR league you need to have a stronger backfield. Noticed no one owns Mikel Leshoure Id consider dropping someone and scooping him he could be solid this year when he returns from suspension. Just my .02 and GL.
brm2073
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 pm

bigdogg712 wrote:OK thanks. Ithought that taking calvin then fitz in the first 2 rounds, made my WRs the heart and sole of my team. Then i was suppressed that Ialso got charles and nicks. I don't want to have to give up my 3 starting WRs to get another RB, so do you think I could flip lloyd, moore, and maybe meachem for a solid RB? Maybe a guy like steven jackson or Ryan Matthews or someone like that? Would that be worth it? DO you think they'd accept it? If not, who should I target?

Those WR's are the soul of the team the problem is you have serviceable ones on the bench like Floyd. Lets say Nicks averages 15 points a week and floyd averages 13. Lets also say that BGE averages 10 points per week and you can trade Nicks for a RB that produces 15 points a week.

You lose 2 on the WR but gain 5 on the RB.

Id say try to trade Floyd first if you can get a started on a team and if you cant trade Nicks and get a better one. Find the guy who has extra RB's and is not real strong at WR or generally the guy who is weak at WR. Take advantage of their weaknesses to upgrade yours. Win Win
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Roster Ratings