Roster Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Roster Rules

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roster Rules

Postby flint650 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Currently in my keeper league there are no roster rules about keeping positions filled. One of my teams last year emptied the kicker and defensive spots and added other players. Should this be addressed by saying that all roster spots must be filled at the end of the year, or just let it lie and allow teams to get rid of those two spots to add additional offensive players?
flint650
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roster Rules

Postby BartenderWJT » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm

You didn't mention how many players you get to keep... and if the players they picked up were on IR... or if you are allowed to carry IR.
However, in the event that you don't have an IR and they picked up say a J. Charles... then it's your IR spot(s) that need to be looked at. If it isn't a dynasty league and it's a competitive league... I would have no problem with Team Last Place picking up someone (who belongs there) on the waiver wire. There should never be a keeper quality player on the waiver wire.
BartenderWJT
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby flint650 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 pm

In our keeper rules you are not allowed to keep any player that was drafted in the first three rounds. so J Charles as a specific example couldn't be kept. You can keep up to 3 players and each player counts 2 draft picks higher than the spot they were taken the previous year. So a tenth counts as an eighth and next year he will be a sixth.

A specific example here though is Kenny Britt who was dropped due to his injury, was picked up in the final week by a manager by dropping his kicker. For IR we had a vote on whether or not to include and IR spot this year and it was voted down. So essentially we had one team in the league that ended the year with no kicker and no defensive team. I don;t have a problem with the strategy I am just seeing if other leagues do this the same way or not.
flint650
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BartenderWJT » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:51 pm

NONE of my keeper leagues do it like that. They all have IR spots.
BartenderWJT
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Commissioner's Corner