Trent Richardson News - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trent Richardson News

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trent Richardson News

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:05 pm

The Akron Beacon Journal confirms that Trent Richardson is a "lock" to "carry a significant workload" in his first NFL season.
Beat writer Nate Ulrich includes Richardson in the mix for third-down back work, as he learned to pick up blitzers in Alabama's pro-style offense and also has soft hands and smooth receiving skills out of the backfield. Brandon Jackson might replace Richardson on especially obvious passing downs because he's also refined in pass protection. Either way, Richardson's 2012 workload won't be an issue. We like him as a rock-solid first-round fantasy pick.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trent Richardson News

Postby Wood Chipper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:The Akron Beacon Journal confirms that Trent Richardson is a "lock" to "carry a significant workload" in his first NFL season.
Beat writer Nate Ulrich includes Richardson in the mix for third-down back work, as he learned to pick up blitzers in Alabama's pro-style offense and also has soft hands and smooth receiving skills out of the backfield. Brandon Jackson might replace Richardson on especially obvious passing downs because he's also refined in pass protection. Either way, Richardson's 2012 workload won't be an issue. We like him as a rock-solid first-round fantasy pick.

I always get him in the early 3rd round in mock drafts.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Stelly » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:
Mr.Joshua wrote:The Akron Beacon Journal confirms that Trent Richardson is a "lock" to "carry a significant workload" in his first NFL season.

I always get him in the early 3rd round in mock drafts.

Really?! Wow! I usually see him go early to mid 2nd. Where do you think he should be drafted? I have a hard time placing his value correctly.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:10 am

I feel he will go somewhere between early 1st to mid 2nd. If you get him in the 3rd thats a steal.

I would hate for that to be my 1st RB chosen candidly. I love the fact that he is going to be an every down back which puts his ceiling real high but he is also more likely to get hurt. I just couldnt take him in the first.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Trent Richardson signs 4-year contract with Cleveland Browns, 4 years, $20.5 million, $13.3 million signing bonus
Published: Monday, July 23, 2012, 5:59 PM Updated: Monday, July 23, 2012, 10:04 PM
Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns running back Trent Richardson won't miss a beat in his bid to become "the most dominant player" of all time.

The No. 3 overall pick in the draft out of Alabama, Richardson signed his four-year deal today, a source told The Plain Dealer. With Browns rookies due to report to Berea on Tuesday, Richardson avoided missing any time and will take the field for the first workout on Wednesday.

Richardson's fully-guaranteed deal is worth $20.5 million over the four years, with a $13.3 signing bonus, a source told the PD. He also has no offset language, which means he'll receive the whole $20.5 million even if he signs with another team before the four years are up.

Now that the Browns have Richardson's deal done, they'll turn their attention to quarterback Brandon Weeden, the No. 22 overall pick. The only issue there is the fourth-year guarantee which Weeden's agent, Sean Howard of Octagon, hopes to secure, according to a source.

The only holdup in Richardson's deal was the offset language, which the Browns wanted and Richardson's agent, Jimmy Sexton did not. Richardson won that final battle, which enabled the deal to get done Monday after a full day of negotiating. The highest current 2012 pick with offset provisions is No. 10 Stephon Gilmore of the Bills.

con't...

more: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... gns_1.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Sounds minor:

Cleveland Browns' Trent Richardson sits out practice with sore knee, will undergo MRI, could miss Friday's preseason opener in Detroit
Published: Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 3:11 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 8:03 AM
By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

BEREA, Ohio -- Trent Richardson sat out Tuesday's Browns practice with a sore left knee, underwent an MRI afterwards a source said, and might have to sit out the preseason opener in Detroit on Friday night.

Although the injury is not believed to be serious, head coach Pat Shurmur did not take lightly the sight of his star running back on an exercise bike with a rubber sleeve on the knee, which was arthroscopically repaired in February.

"I'm always concerned about injuries," said Shurmur. "At this point, we'll just find out what it is. He's been practicing well. He's just a little bit sore right now, so we'll just see where he is."

Shurmur acknowledged that Richardson's debut against NFL competition might be delayed at least until Aug. 16 in Green Bay.

"There's a chance he won't play on Friday," said Shurmur. "I don't know. We'll evaluate it and see as we move forward here."

Chances are, the Browns are being extra cautious with their precious cargo, for whom they traded three late picks to select. The last running back they traded up to get -- Montario Hardesty -- has struggled to stay healthy, and they're not about to take any chances.

con't...

more: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ard_3.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson will visit surgeon Dr. James Andrews for likely minor cleanup
Published: Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 1:58 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 6:14 PM
By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns running back Trent Richardson will visit orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews on Thursday and is tentatively scheduled to have minor surgery on his sore left knee, The Plain Dealer has learned.

The procedure is not expected to keep him out long, the source said.

Coach Pat Shurmur confirmed the visit in a statement released by the team earlier today: "Trent Richardson is traveling to Pensacola, Fla., where he will have his left knee further evaluated by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow."

Andrews performed the original arthroscopic surgery on Richardson's left knee on Feb. 3 to repair a torn meniscus and has been Richardson's surgeon since he was in high school.

As is often the case soon after a scope, Richardson has experienced some swelling in the knee. He wore a sleeve on and off during organized team activities and minicamps in May and June

con't...

more: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ck_23.html
stomperrob

Do not overreact! - Richardson

Postby Wood Chipper » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 am

I have done three mocks in the past 12 hours and have seen Richardson drop about a round and a half from usual. Yet I see Mcfaddy going earlier. Ummmmm, what is the logic in that?
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Re: Do not overreact! - Richardson

Postby petedog9 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 am

Let him drop... I wont let him fall too far... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Do not overreact! - Richardson

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:47 am

His knee being cleaned up probably and missing a couple pre-season weeks.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk