Return to Football Talk

Trent Richardson News

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trent Richardson News

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Note: threads merged - already a Richardson thread on page 1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am

Theres a bonus IMO to him being out all of the preseason. He wont go all Ryan Matthews on us and get really hurt. I also think his stock may fall a bit as a result. I have been able to get T-Rich as late as the early 3rd round in many 10 team mocks I have been doing... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 pm

The biggest concerns for me with Richardson is that he's now had 2 operations on his knees in 6 months, and that he plays for Cleveland with no proven QB. I still really like his upside, but you'll most likely see people pass on him until you get into the mid-teens for RBs. As of now I'd probably slide him behind Forte, Lynch, Charles and SJax. Best case is that you draft later this month so you can at least monitor the situation. If he's looking at better progress you can bring him back up a bit, but if I'm drafting him I think I'd rather see him resting 5-6 weeks instead of trying to push it back in 4.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Jason497 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:40 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:The biggest concerns for me with Richardson is that he's now had 2 operations on his knees in 6 months, and that he plays for Cleveland with no proven QB. I still really like his upside, but you'll most likely see people pass on him until you get into the mid-teens for RBs. As of now I'd probably slide him behind Forte, Lynch, Charles and SJax. Best case is that you draft later this month so you can at least monitor the situation. If he's looking at better progress you can bring him back up a bit, but if I'm drafting him I think I'd rather see him resting 5-6 weeks instead of trying to push it back in 4.

Would you rate Demarco Murray ahead of him too?
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:30 am

Jason497 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:The biggest concerns for me with Richardson is that he's now had 2 operations on his knees in 6 months, and that he plays for Cleveland with no proven QB. I still really like his upside, but you'll most likely see people pass on him until you get into the mid-teens for RBs. As of now I'd probably slide him behind Forte, Lynch, Charles and SJax. Best case is that you draft later this month so you can at least monitor the situation. If he's looking at better progress you can bring him back up a bit, but if I'm drafting him I think I'd rather see him resting 5-6 weeks instead of trying to push it back in 4.

Would you rate Demarco Murray ahead of him too?

Yes, the thing that worries me about Richardson isn't his talent, the question is when will he be fully healthy and running like he can? October? December? 2013? I'd rather take guys who people are worried about for getting injuries but are currently healthy, than a guy that's coming into the season who has already been hurt in the past month. I mean really the line is about Adrian Peterson. I'd rank them right next to each other – I know they have the talent, but I have yet to land them in any of my leagues or mocks. Richardson will now be coming in cold to the season, and the only thing you'll hear are the positive reports when he's getting ready to come back. I'd be more inclined to take him if I already have one of the top 3 RBs.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm going with him #1 overall in what is essentially a rookie only draft, though this injury does spook me a bit...
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Trent Richardson (knee scope) is already rehabbing at Browns headquarters.
"Trent’s here and he’s getting better," coach Pat Shurmur said. "When he’s ready, he’ll be out. But he’s here. He’s here all day long doing his thing trying to get healthy." Other than reiterating he's "hopeful" Richardson will be ready for Week 1, Shurmur refused to elaborate on the No. 3 pick's timetable. Richardson is unlikely to be ready for Cleveland's final preseason game.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
Aug 13 - 1:44 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Trent Richardson, who recently had his knee scoped on August 9th, has progressed to running in a pool and could begin running outside next week.

Richardson's knee issues have unfortunately prevented his chances of seeing any preseason action, which does not bode well being that he is a rookie. Though ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi has said that he expects Richardson to be "all systems go" come Week 1, his early season workload is a serious concern.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Trent-Richard ... Blog-53924
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Aug 22,2012
Rchardson update: Team president Mike Holmgren told SportsTime Ohio "there's a chance," injured running back Trent Richardson will be in the lineup for the regular-season opener against the Eagles on Sept. 9.

Although Holmgren seemed to be hedging his bet, he added the rookie is on schedule in his recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery and should start running in a pool this week. Richardson, who underwent the procedure on his left knee Aug. 9, is expected to return to the field next week, Holmgren said.

"If it goes according to schedule and there are no setbacks, there's a chance he could be ready to play in the first game," Holmgren said. "As a coaching staff and as an organization you have to be really smart in how you do that.

"As much as we'd all love to see him play, and are looking forward to him playing, we can't rush him back in before he's ready."

Weeden joked that Richardson should be charged rent for spending so much time in the trainer's room rehabbing his knee. Shurmur said he thinks the No. 3 pick in the draft might be ahead of schedule, but would not speculate as to whether Richardson could play in the final exhibition game against Chicago on Aug. 30.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... his_g.html
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Who is #2 in CLE:

Browns RB Montario Hardesty sits out team drills while Brandon Jackson works with first unit
By Nate Ulrich Published: August 26, 2012

Browns running back Montario Hardesty did not participate in team drills today, and Brandon Jackson took his place with the first-team offense.

Hardesty worked in individual drills but wore a black sleeve on his lower right leg as he stood and watched team sessions.

Still, Hardesty insisted he’s healthy. He did not play in six games last season as he dealt with a torn muscle in his right calf.

“I’m good, just a little rest, gave me a little rest today,” Hardesty said. “I’m good. I’m fine.”

Jackson said he doesn’t know whether he has been promoted. “I don’t want to jump the gun,” Jackson said. “But it feels good to be out there with the ones.”

Hardesty has fumbled in each of the past two preseason games, but he said he doesn’t view today’s practice as demotion.

con't...

more: http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-bro ... t-1.329705
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk