Trent Richardson News - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trent Richardson News

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trent Richardson News

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:38 pm

ESPN Cleveland believes Brandon Jackson may have "stolen" the No. 2 running back job from Montario Hardesty.
Hardesty had a rough month. In four preseason games, he rushed 30 times for just 92 yards (3.2 YPC) and lost two fumbles. Jackson picked up 135 yards and 34 carries (4.0 YPC), added a touchdown and didn't fumble at all. If Trent Richardson (knee) can't play in Week 1, we're likely looking at some kind of committee.
Related: Montario Hardesty
Source: ESPN Cleveland
Aug 31 - 8:36 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson spent Saturday's practice riding a stationary bike. The team hopes their first-round draft pick will do more than cycle nowhere before the Philadelphia Eagles come to town.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057527/article/pat-shurmur-trent-richardson-close-to-practicing?module=HP11_headline_stack
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby Brees09 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Not sure how this is news at all. Of course Trent Richardson will get a ton of carries. They didn't jump up in the draft to take him so he can split carries. If I was a Richardson owner, which I'm not this year because I think he is ranked too high, I would actually be worried he'll get TOO many carries. Being overworked is not a good thing for a RB, they may not be in your lineup when you need them most down the stretch. I much prefer a RB like Foster who will stay fresh because of Ben Tate. By the way only one RB over the past 3 seasons finished the year as a top 20 RB.. and that was Moreno. Sure it can happen for Richardson but he's no lock to do it just because he'll get a heavy workload. The Browns are going to be in a lot of 3 and out situations this year on offense and in general that offense is pretty terrible which will certainly cap his goal line opportunities. He will have to stay healthy while being overworked on already questionable knees (two surgeries over the past 6 months) and he will have to break off a lot of long TD's runs to justify his ranking in most leagues. I see no value in taking a chance on him before round 4.
Brees09
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 am

From his CBSSportsline fantasy profile:

Browns running back Trent Richardson was back at practice Monday with the team, roughly a month after undergoing what is believed to be a minor arthroscopic procedure on his left knee. Richardson looked like his usual self, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, running smoothly in individual drills and catching passes. He didn't limp once and later joined the first-team offense in team drills.
(Updated 09/03/12)Fantasy Analysis

We'll have to see how his knee responds to this practice but for now consider this a very good sign that he'll be available to play against the Eagles on Sunday. Keep in mind that the Browns might opt to ease him back into action and lean a little on Montario Hardesty after he had a solid preseason. For now Richardson is still a risk to use in Week 1 but if he practices in full all week we'd probably feel better about using him as a No. 2 running back. If you're still drafting he's still worth taking on with a pick between 15th and 30th overall in seasonal leagues.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:14 am

Unclear still as to who is #2 behind Richardson:

Brandon Jackson pushing Montario Hardesty for role as Browns' No. 2 running back
By Nate Ulrich
Beacon Journal sports writer
Published: September 2, 2012 - 11:20 PM | Updated: September 3, 2012 - 09:17 AM

Now that the Browns are set to move forward with Colt McCoy as their No. 2 quarterback, another important competition between backups will be at the forefront this week.

Who will be rookie running back Trent Richardson’s primary backup when the Browns open the regular season against the visiting Philadelphia Eagles at 1 p.m. Sunday?

Listed third on the depth chart, Brandon Jackson has seemingly rallied in the past couple of weeks and become a serious threat to No. 2 running back Montario Hardesty. One of them could play a prominent role in Week 1, especially if the Browns decide to sit Richardson in the opener because of the arthroscopic surgery he had on his left knee Aug. 9.

“Montario’s a good running back,” Jackson said. “Coming Week 1, if Trent’s ready, then he’s going. We know that he’s gonna take the No. 1 position. … You never know, so you just gotta make the best of your opportunities and wait for the decision to be made.”

Richardson rode a stationary bike on the practice field Saturday as part of his rehabilitation from the procedure he underwent to have a piece of loose cartilage removed. Coach Pat Shurmur said Richardson, the third overall pick in this year’s draft, is “very close” to practicing for the first time since Aug. 6, and Shurmur remains “very optimistic” he will be able to play in Week 1. The Browns were off Sunday and will resume practice today.

Of course, Richardson’s return is not guaranteed to be smooth because no one knows exactly how his left knee will respond after two operations in six months. He also had a torn meniscus repaired Feb. 3.

con't...

more: http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/br ... e-1.331533
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 am

Browns rookie Trent Richardson says he’s ready
By Nate Ulrich
Beacon Journal sports writer
Published: September 5, 2012 - 11:30 PM | Updated: September 6, 2012 - 07:24 AM

BEREA: Rookie running back Trent Richardson believes the only way he won’t play Sunday in the Browns’ regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles is if coach Pat Shurmur decides to err on the side of caution.

Richardson practiced Wednesday for the second time since undergoing arthroscopic surgery Aug. 9 on his left knee to have a piece of loose cartilage removed. In his first interview since the procedure, Richardson said he has not experienced swelling in the knee, it has responded well to the pounding of practice and, in his mind, he’s ready to make his NFL debut on time.

“I think Coach knows best as far as me having a good career and stuff like that, so if he don’t feel like I’m ready, that’d be the only thing that’d keep me out,” said Richardson, the third overall pick in this year’s draft. “But other than that, mentally, I’m ready to go.”

In a radio interview Wednesday with 92.3 The Fan, General Manager Tom Heckert indicated he expects Richardson to play, barring any setbacks.

“Obviously things are looking up, and hopefully he’ll be there,” Heckert said. “Unless anything changes, he’ll be there on Sunday.”

Richardson had limited participation in practice, according to the Browns’ injury report. If Shurmur chooses to play Richardson in Week 1, he might limit his carries.

con't...

more: http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/br ... y-1.332186
stomperrob

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Every day it looks more like Richardson will be go for launch in week 1. He is practicing in full and sounds eager to get out there. Also, the Browns need him, they do not have a lot of options on that offense as it is.

Nonetheless, I am worried about starting a guy who has not seen any pre-season action. He is still listed as questionable on the injury report, which means 50-50. I think he plays, but I just do not know how much he will play. Will the Browns ease him in or will they give him a full load?

If Richardson is full-go, I like the match-up. Philly's run defense is suspect. It is a big "if" though.

What do you think? Should I start or sit T-Rich this week?
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:07 pm

VeganPhilosopher wrote:Every day it looks more like Richardson will be go for launch in week 1. He is practicing in full and sounds eager to get out there. Also, the Browns need him, they do not have a lot of options on that offense as it is.

Nonetheless, I am worried about starting a guy who has not seen any pre-season action. He is still listed as questionable on the injury report, which means 50-50. I think he plays, but I just do not know how much he will play. Will the Browns ease him in or will they give him a full load?

If Richardson is full-go, I like the match-up. Philly's run defense is suspect. It is a big "if" though.

What do you think? Should I start or sit T-Rich this week?
I'm sitting him, but only because I have what I feel is a more favorable option in Doug Martin. I think Philly's offense is going to have a much better showing in 2012 than 2011, though they may still struggle at times to stop the run. Still, that said, presumably even if he's a go, T-Rich could see limited carries, especially in the trenches down near the goal line, should the opportunity arise. If he gets a full load of carries on my bench and puts up a big week, I won't be mad that I sat him, but if I start him and he flops while I sit another quality option, I'll be super angry. That's how I'm treating it in Week 1.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Coach Pat Shurmur admitted that Trent Richardson struggled badly in Sunday's loss to the Eagles.
Richardson broke virtually no tackles and couldn't make the first man miss. It resulted in 39 yards on 19 carries. "He'll play better next week," Shurmur said. In Richardson's defense, he was coming off a knee scope and the Eagles stacked the box, daring an inept Brandon Weeden to beat them. He'll face the Bengals next week.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
Sep 10 - 8:48 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
stomperrob

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Is it too early to wonder if Shurmur is in over his head? Is he cowtowing to the FO by playing two rookies who werern't ready for prime time? Hard to imagine anyone doing worse than Weeden, and T Rich probably could use some time to recover so he can make people miss or at least run strong.
What has to concern Richardson owners is that weakness at QB could make mean 8 in the box as a routine.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk