Trent Richardson News - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trent Richardson News

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trent Richardson News

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Trent Richardson day-to-day with a rib cartilage injury: Cleveland Browns Insider
By Tom Reed, The Plain Dealer
on October 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM, updated October 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM

BEREA, Ohio -- Trent Richardson suffered a rib injury in the Browns' win over Cincinnati, and his status for Sunday's game at Indianapolis is uncertain.

The rookie running back absorbed a helmet hit to his right side in the first quarter and sustained a "rib cartilage" injury. He was expected to undergo magnetic imaging testing early on Monday. Coach Pat Shurmur said Richardson is day to day as the Browns look to win their second straight against the Colts.

Richardson said Sunday that despite the pain he believes he will play on Sunday. He's likely to be limited in practice this week. He managed 37 yards rushing on 14 carries before departing the Bengals' game in the third quarter. His last snap came on a failed attempt to block Robert Geathers, who sacked quarterback Brandon Weeden.

The Browns received a big boost from Montario Hardesty, who ran for 56 yards and a touchdown in his first carries this season. The ground game could be crucial against the Colts, who rank 26th against the run and allowed 252 rushing yards to the New York Jets in a 35-9 loss.

con't...

more: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... cart_river
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Browns notebook: Trent Richardson says injury worse than people think
By Nate Ulrich 
and Marla Ridenour
Beacon Journal sports writers
Published: October 21, 2012 - 11:11 PM

INDIANAPOLIS: Rookie running back Trent Richardson faced a harsh reality Sunday— coach Pat Shurmur didn’t think he was effective enough to play in the second half of the Browns’ 17-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Richardson attempted to fight through a rib cartilage injury he suffered last week against the Cincinnati Bengals, but Shurmur benched him after he was stuffed for no gain on third-and-1 from the Colts’ 35-yard line with 4:17 left in the second quarter. Richardson finished with eight carries for eight yards, and the Browns tallied only 55 yards on 17 carries (3.2 average) against the Colts, who allowed 252 rushing yards to the New York Jets last week.

“Coach didn’t think I was as I usually am,” said Richardson, who wore a flak jacket to protect his ribs. “That’s something I have to swallow. It’s a process trying to get back. The injury I have is much bigger than what folks think it is, and I don’t want to do anything to hurt the team.

“I’m not myself out there right now. You look at me, I guess I’m not running hard like I’m used to, so I’m not out there right now. So it is worse than what people think it is.”

Shurmur said Richardson’s rib injury wasn’t exacerbated, and he didn’t suffer a new injury, either. After the game, Richardson, who was the third overall pick in the draft this year, said he wasn’t experiencing pain.

“He’s no worse for wear,” Shurmur said. “In my opinion, how the game was going, [he] wasn’t quite effective. I think maybe the injury there contributed. So he didn’t injure it. He’s moving forward. Today I don’t think contributed to any setbacks.”

con't...

more: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/brown ... k-1.343960
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:15 pm

ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Tuesday that the Browns are discussing shutting down Trent Richardson (ribs) through their Week 10 bye. Werder termed Richardson's rib-cartilage injury "serious," and hinted it was aggravated on a "direct hit" in the second quarter of last week's loss to Indianapolis. "The team (is) now discussing whether to hold him out through the bye week to allow him to heal," Werder said. "The fear being that if they don't, he'll be debilitated by his injury all year long. There's internal conflict about shutting him down, though, because Pat Shurmur the coach has to win some games here. They've only got one victory and Jimmy Haslam the new owner says he wants a stronger finish if he's going to bring back the coaching staff."
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Further to that:

Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson off to slow start in run game because of knee surgery, rib injury
Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
on October 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM, updated October 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM

BEREA, Ohio -- Trent Richardson is off to a sluggish start in the running game this season thanks to a rib injury that earned him an unwanted trip to the bench in Indianapolis and a knee injury that caused him to miss all of training camp.

"Trent is still learning on the go because he wasn't here during the preseason," said fellow running back Brandon Jackson. "He's taking those steps now as if it were preseason. It doesn't matter if you've won national championships and were a Heisman Trophy candidate, there's still a learning curve."

Trying to churn out yards with excruciating cartilage damage to his ribs hasn't helped matters either.

"It takes a little time," said Jackson, who's tried to play with a rib injury himself. "He's feeling his way through."

One option would be for coach Pat Shurmur to shut Richardson down for upcoming home games against San Diego and Baltimore, let him rest through the bye week and come back strong in Dallas Nov. 18.

"You just watch him, watch him practice, see where he's at physically and if he's ready to play, he'll play," Shurmur said Monday. "If we see that this is bothering him to the point where he can't perform, then we'll make those decisions as we go. I just want to make the point though, that there was a lot going on out there. It wasn't just Trent."

con't...

more: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... cart_river
stomperrob

Postby rotomedic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Gotta love T-Rich. He is really proving that he can play through these injuries at a high level. I think he is going to be a special talent. Best RB drafted since AP a few years back.
rotomedic
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 pm

On if he’s been told what’s expected of him in the new Cleveland offense:

“Oh yeah. They told me I better be in the best shape ever. They told me they’re gonna run the shoes off of me. They’re gonna pass me the ball more. … They’re going to do whatever they can … and they want me to be a leader for this team. Voice-wise, they want me to lead the group. They want me to get on that horse, man. They want me to be that stallion that’s gonna take this program to another level. They’re putting all this stress on me and all this faith in me, man, and so I know what my job is. I know what I gotta do.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2013/0 ... ee-agency/
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Getting all carries, third down, and goal line is a great thing but it also makes him more likely to get injured. He had some issues with that before last season and during the season. He plays for contact. All those point towards injury.

Dont get me wrong there are not that many backs that will be involved in everything their team runs so he is surely to be one of the top 4 picks in most drafts. I think Id still take him after Foster, Peterson, and Rice were gone. I would just expect him to either miss or cause you to worry for 2-3 games during the year
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Mon May 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Trent Richardson may miss June minicamp: Cleveland Browns Insider
By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
Follow on Twitter
on May 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM, updated May 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM

BEREA, Ohio - Trent Richardson sat out organized team activities today with a pulled muscle in his shin and might also miss the Browns' mandatory minicamp June 4-6, coach Rob Chudzinski said.

"It's precautionary,'' Chudzinski said. "We're holding him out. We've got minicamp in a week and a half. He may miss that. I'm not sure. We'll take it day-by-day.''

The Browns are being extra cautious with their second-year running back because of the injuries he battled through last season. He initially underwent a arthroscopic procedure on his left knee in February of 2012, a few months before the draft. He then had a second scope on the same knee a few weeks into training camp, on Aug. 9, to remove a loose piece of cartilage and sat out all four preseason games.

Richardson worked to be ready for the opener Sept. 9 against the Eagles, but wasn't 100 percent at the start of the season. Then, he broke two or three ribs in Week 6 against the Bengals, and was limited the following week to eight yards on eight carries in Indianapolis.

After the season, he revealed that he played much of the year in excruciating pain and had difficulty breathing and sleeping.

con't...

more: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... rd_25.html
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:54 am

Report: Trent Richardson out until August
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 4, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT

Browns running back Trent Richardson said last week that he wasn’t going to become injury prone, as if he got to decide.

Now, it appears the Browns are going to give him time to recover, just in case it happens to be beyond his control.

According to Will Burge of ESPNCleveland.com, Richardson will be held out until August, because the team fears that his recent leg injury could turn into a stress fracture.

Getting problems cleared up in June, before they become a bigger deal in September, is always the smart way to do business. But no matter how much Richardson wants to deny it, the accumulated problems begin looking like a trend at a certain point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... il-august/
stomperrob

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:25 pm

I just saw a quote from Chudzinski that he expects Trent to be ready for training camp on July 26.

Is he trying to out-Belichick Belichick?

:-b
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk