First Mock 2012. Please rate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First Mock 2012. Please rate

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Mock 2012. Please rate

Postby jrt409 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Our league is a standard format league, QBs score 6pts per td. Here is my first mock from position 8. I am a huge Colts fan, thus the Reggie and Donald picks. I think I got enough to cover each pos. I like to swap DEF on bye week and roll with my drafted squad hell or high water. Let me know where I should improve:

QB: Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
RB: Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Darren McFadden, Fred Jackson, Donald Brown, Mike Goodson
WR:Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Reggie Wayne, Brian Quick
TE:Tony Gonzalez
Def:Eagles
K:Garrett Hartley
jrt409
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Mock 2012. Please rate

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm assuming this is a 10 team league.

You have incredible options at RB. I doubt this is repeatable, but you did very well in that regard. You are a little soft at WR due in large part I imagine to the fact that owners were drafting WR early and leaving these backs on the board, but the players you did land have good upside. I like Matt Ryan at QB. I think this will be the year the Falcons become a pass heavy offense and Ryan and Gonzalez should benefit from that.

I do like what you ended up with, I'd like to see you do it again ;-D I imagine that Mathews, CJ, and DMC were your top 3 picks, and I'm a strong believer that in a year where everyone is talking about QBs going RB RB is still alive and well.

Keep mocking, keep mocking, keep mocking ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby jrt409 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah, it's a 10 team. We run flex and I like to get 3 starting Rbs for the season(and honestly, I think WR after the top 3/4 are a dime a dozen for the rest of the pack). I don't think these guys will all drop to me in our real league, but that also means I can pick up more value on the WR end. I love Matty Ice this year mainly because of the new Koetter offense and the fact that they play 1 def. during playoff weeks. Thank you for responding
jrt409
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TorMenT » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 pm

You got some amazing depth at RB, and as was mentioned, I doubt you could fill up at RB in your real draft like that. Not a huge fan of Matt Ryan, but if you can get a RB group like that at the expense of having Matt Ryan as your #1 QB, that's a trade I would make.

With that RB corps, you could make some trades to either improve at QB or WR. Not a bad mock IMO.
TorMenT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jrt409 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:36 pm

UPDATE: Mock 2

Went into the second draft with pick 2. Took your advice and pulled the throttle back and got 3 rbs before WR to get more value. I am still really sold on Matt Ryan which is why I picked him up again. I think I am going to roll with him in my real draft. May have to replace my 6th pick (Jeremy Maclin) in the real draft to guarantee Ryan.

QB:Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer
RB:Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, Donald Brown, Mike Goodson
WR:Julio Jones, Marques Colston, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Greg Little
TE:Jermihael Finley, Jared Cook
DEF:Ravens
K:Matt Bryant
jrt409
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings