Draft help! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft help! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft help! WHIR

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Okay so we are drafting in a 12 team 5 man keeper league with IDPs. Catch is that you can only keep one guy per position, so this is who I ended up keeping. I had inheristed this team a couple weeks ago.

QB-Cutler
WR-S. Smith (CAR)
WR-
RB- Charles
RB-
TE- Graham
W/R-

D-JPP
D-
LB-
DB-
DB-

Scoring:
All TDs 6 points, -3 throwing a INT 1 PPR, 20 return yards = 1 point. 3 points per sack, 6 per INT
These are the best players left (I have pick 7 of 12 in an offline nonsnaking draft):

RBs-
F Jackson
R Bush
A Bradshaw
F Gore
J Stew
B Wells
BJGE

WRs-
H. Nicks
A Brown (he's still returning in PIT, so he gets a nice bonus from doing that every 20 yards)
D Thomas
P Harvin
K Britt
D Bryant
M Austin
J Maclin
M Colston
V Jax
B Lloyd
D Jax

Obviously, the WR pool is much deeper, and because of that I feel like I should get a RB so that I'm not stuck with a crappy one.
I'm leaning towards Gore or Freddy. Or should I go with someone else. Leave a link and I'll help
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft help! WHIR

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Because of the return yards, Harvin is projected to beat out all of those other guys listed by about 70 points, and beat Gore by over 100. FJ is projected at around 265, and Gore at 220
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jason497 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Thing is, it's not certain that Brown will return again now that he is going into the season the starter. They gave Emanuel Sanders some returns down the stretch last season until he got hurt again. They also drafted Chris Rainey who can return kicks.

Harvin's returns were scaled back majorly last year and by the end of the season Marcus Sherels was returning just about everything. With AP not 100% I can see them continuing to protect Harvin.

I probably go Fred Jackson if he is there, if not I take Nicks. Most will say Nicks first but your lineup requirements allowed you to only start 2 WRs, WR is so deep that getting the highest upside RB here is a plus, we all saw what he did last year.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:49 am

I would draft a WR so that you have a top 10 WR to keep next year. I do not see you keeping F-Jax or Gore with Charles. Out of the WRs I would go with Harvin because of return yardage and 1 PPR.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby BurritoBoy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:07 pm

I was thinking about getting Harvin too, but that leaves me with really bad options my next pick for RB. The guy with the 10th pick emailed me about swapping cuz he wanted to move up. I got about 8 hours left till I have to make my pick. His team is

Vick
Fitz
McCoy
DMC
Hernandez

Bowman

So there's the swap back to 10 that I would make, what do y'all think I should ask for as well? I told him I was interested in the trade cuz I don't love who is there right now, and that swapping players would probably be the best way to approach this cuz all his guys are too good to just "throw in". He said he'd add a late pick after round 6. Thoughts? I think that's a bit cheap. And if I don't do this trade, who should I go for?
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings

Vikings special teams coach Mike Priefer confirmed that Percy Harvin is still the team's primary kick returner.

Harvin handled about a third of the team's kick returns last season and only two during the four games Adrian Peterson was out. Harvin's heavy offensive usage of about 10 looks (carries + targets) per game doesn't figure to change much and the same can be said for his special teams role. He'll share the job with the likes of Josh Robinson, Jarius Wright, Kerry Taylor and Bryan Walters.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, I might have been wrong about my Harvin analysis. Hope you took him.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Stevooo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:49 pm

I would go with Bush if you are inclined to draft a RB. Honestly, I would snag one of those WR though. I feel like most of those WR are better than most of those RBs. On a side note - JPP is a beast and will be for years, aweseome IDP keeper start!
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 am

Y'all I already made the pick (Freddy Jackson) and then Harvin was still there in the next round so I grabbed him then. After I drafted FJ then the next 4 guys drafted an RB, so I woulda missed out. Then I just had another pick and I drafted BJGE cuz all the rest available were garbage. That's why I made a new post instead of continuing this old thread.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Stevooo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:03 am

Worked out very well for you then ;-D ;-D two thumbs up!
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 am

Yeah haha. Anyways since my last pick, Britt, Beanie, JStew, Wayne and McGahee are pretty much best offense left, with scraps at QB. So I'm thinking time to start draftin D and get the best IDPs I can, hopefully starting with Patrick Peterson (Return yards are killer in this league)
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions