How would this team look? Auction Draft plan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

How would this team look? Auction Draft plan

Moderator: Football Moderators

How would this team look? Auction Draft plan

Postby V » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm in a 10 team, 2 QB, auction keeper league (non PPR, bonuses at 350 yards passing/150 rushing/150 receiving, QB scoring is 3 pt TD and 1 pt per 20 yards passing); we're about halfway through our slow draft, and I'm coming up with the current plan based on who's left, what other team's budgets/needs are, and just want to know if this is something worth targeting (a few are my keepers, a couple are already finished auctions, and the rest are my guesstimates as to who I'll be able to get for how much).

QB: Tony Romo - $35
QB: Matt Ryan - $30
RB: Jamaal Charles - $35
RB: Doug Martin - $25
WR: Calvin Johnson - $40
WR: Dez Bryant - $14
TE: Jacob Tamme - $2
Flex: CJ Spiller - $6
DEF: Baltimore - $1
K: Who Cares - $1
$11 to fill in 6 bench spots

Do you think this team can compete? Or should I revisit my plans?
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How would this team look? Auction Draft plan

Postby slimjimzv » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:05 am

I've been reading/hearing a ton about Dez Bryant. There are a number of insiders in Dallas saying that he's just about worn out his welcome with his teammates. Apparantly there has been a ton of internal stuff that hasn't gotten out in the media. I wouldn't be at all suprised if he has issues this season.
slimjimzv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 am

I think the team can compete but I would look at a better flex option than Spiller. I would look to get Redman, D.Brown or Ben Tate at flex.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby V » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 am

slimjimzv wrote:I've been reading/hearing a ton about Dez Bryant. There are a number of insiders in Dallas saying that he's just about worn out his welcome with his teammates. Apparantly there has been a ton of internal stuff that hasn't gotten out in the media. I wouldn't be at all suprised if he has issues this season.

I've read the opposite - everybody is raving about his performance in OTA's, and Romo seems to have his back.
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:09 am

11stever11 wrote:I think the team can compete but I would look at a better flex option than Spiller. I would look to get Redman, D.Brown or Ben Tate at flex.

Yeah, I think so also - I'm currently high bid on Tate at $3, and hoping he doesn't go higher.
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jason497 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 am

I know this is kind of a thread hijack but I gotta say something here. As an Arian Foster owner I hate that Ben Tate is going in the same tier as Donald Brown, I think Brown is going to be great value that late and I'd like to get both. [/end rant]

And yeah, everything I've read says Dez has worked extremely hard this offseason and transformed his body and is starting to put everything together on the field finally. Of course that's coming from the Cowboys and not an impartial third party so I wouldn't blame you for being skeptical.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby slimjimzv » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 pm

V wrote:
slimjimzv wrote:I've been reading/hearing a ton about Dez Bryant. There are a number of insiders in Dallas saying that he's just about worn out his welcome with his teammates. Apparantly there has been a ton of internal stuff that hasn't gotten out in the media. I wouldn't be at all suprised if he has issues this season.

I've read the opposite - everybody is raving about his performance in OTA's, and Romo seems to have his back.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/radio/archive?id=4503352

About halfway down is a 5 minute bit re: Dez. And having lived in Dallas, I can say that these guys know the team pretty well. If they say there are issues, I believe them. It may turn out to be something the team can contend with, but from the sounds of things, Dez has been a problem since day one and it may be coming to a head.
slimjimzv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby V » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:23 pm

V wrote:I'm in a 10 team, 2 QB, auction keeper league (non PPR, bonuses at 350 yards passing/150 rushing/150 receiving, QB scoring is 3 pt TD and 1 pt per 20 yards passing); we're about halfway through our slow draft, and I'm coming up with the current plan based on who's left, what other team's budgets/needs are, and just want to know if this is something worth targeting (a few are my keepers, a couple are already finished auctions, and the rest are my guesstimates as to who I'll be able to get for how much).

QB: Tony Romo - $35
QB: Matt Ryan - $30
RB: Jamaal Charles - $35
RB: Doug Martin - $25
WR: Calvin Johnson - $40
WR: Dez Bryant - $14
TE: Jacob Tamme - $2
Flex: CJ Spiller - $6
DEF: Baltimore - $1
K: Who Cares - $1
$11 to fill in 6 bench spots

Do you think this team can compete? Or should I revisit my plans?

Got forced to $37 on Romo, but the others are filling in fine so far (Charles and Ryan aren't done yet). Will have $11 for TE, and 6 bench spots (or 5 bench spots and flex) according to this plan.
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 pm

I might be bid out of Ryan; should I target RG3 at ~$22, Schaub at ~$18, or Cutler at $15? Or should I just throw all caution to the wind, max out my $ on Ryan, and have $1 left per bench spot?

(everything else on my starting lineup is current except for TE, which is currently empty).
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Dez Bryant:

"DallasCowboys.com's Bryan Broaddus saw a "different person on the field this spring" in Dez Bryant.
"I saw a player that redid his body, committed to running better routes and becoming better at his craft in the class room," wrote Broaddus, a former scout. Defensive leader Sean Lee insisted Tuesday that Bryant has been an "unbelievable" teammate despite his off-field issues. "The type of work he's put in in practice in the offseason ... Obviously we're going to support Dez no matter what," said Lee. Now that his mother has declined to pursue domestic violence charges, Bryant's arrest will likely be an afterthought by Week 1." http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5558/dez-bryant
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions