Very new - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Very new

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Very new

Postby Chuck73 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Like I said I'm new. Do you get the same points if a receiver is in flex or not. Example I have rod white wr. Wes welker wr Dez Bryant flex. Do you get what I mean?
Chuck73
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby glackk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Chuck73 wrote:Like I said I'm new. Do you get the same points if a receiver is in flex or not. Example I have rod white wr. Wes welker wr Dez Bryant flex. Do you get what I mean?

Yes, a WR in either the WR or the Flex spots will score points like a WR. The flex spot is just an extra spot that can be filled by different positions, but the player in the flex still scores points like they normally would.
*unless your league is super weird. I've never seen a player in the flex score points differently.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Chuck73 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I know the season hasn't started yet and I'm playing in leagues with people I don't know so I'm leaning on the fly. I also have the fantasy monster pro app to help. I'm also going to do hockey and I think that app works for all 4 sports. One other thing is in my 2 outo pick leagues I only have 1 defense. What about by week? Just pick one up that week? Geez I'm probobly a pain in the rear. Sorry so many questions thanks,chuck
Chuck73
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby glackk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Chuck73 wrote:One other thing is in my 2 outo pick leagues I only have 1 defense. What about by week? Just pick one up that week?

That depends. Most people would say just drop your defense and pick up another, but you have one of the "good" defenses. If you have a spare roster spot and Baltimore Def is kicking ass when their bye week comes up you might consider benching them and picking up a temp DEF for the bye week. Then again, nothing wrong with playing the matchups with defenses. You can post the same question in the Draft/Trade/Waiver Wire forum when the bye week comes up.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Chuck73 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 am

Ok great. Thanks for the answer
Chuck73
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Fantasyfballchamps » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Do your research, don't put everything into 1 website and READ READ READ. The key to fantasy is value picking - it won't be your #1 or #2 pick that wins your league - it is your waiver work and your picks in rounds #10-15 that will win it.
Fantasy lineup advice, individual help for your team by real analysts
http://www.fantasyfballchamps.com
Fantasyfballchamps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Stuart318 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:42 pm

You’re draft looks alright and you don’t need to agonize over it just yet. You might want to put the Rotoworld app on your phone as well as a link to your league so you can check on injuries or alter your line-up while you’re at somebody else’s place watching football. Keep track of the depth chart – WR 1, WR 2… then use the waivers when a guy who is higher up gets injured. ESPN is a good resource but sometimes the publicity a player gets might over value him so be careful although that might help you if you want to trade a guy. Sometimes a player has a “break-out” game, but most players aren’t going to score two touch downs in one game more than once in a season, so be careful who you add to your team. I prefer consistent players who are just above average rather than guy who hit or miss because I find it easier to set my line-up that way. I hope these are good starting points. Good Luck.
Stuart318
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum