Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

Tomlin gets extension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tomlin gets extension

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Steelers sign Tomlin to three-year extension
July 24, 2012 8:03 pm
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today announced they have extended coach Mike Tomlin's contract for three years, through the 2016 season.

Tomlin, hired in 2007 after Bill Cowher resigned, was working on his second contract with the Steelers that went through an option year of 2013.

"We are pleased to announce that Mike Tomlin will remain with the Steelers for at least five more years," said Steelers' President Art Rooney II in the press release "Mike is one of the top head coaches in the National Football League and we are thrilled he will continue to lead our team as we pursue another Super Bowl title."

Tomlin, 40, has a 55-25 record in six regular seasons, and his teams have won two AFC championships and one Super Bowl.

"I am excited that I will continue to be the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers for years to come," Tomlin said in the team's press release. "I am grateful to the Steelers organization for the opportunity I have been given over the past five years to work and live in this great city, and I am excited to continue to work to bring another championship to the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... on-646013/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers