Rate my Squad! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my Squad! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my Squad! WHIR

Postby saintsfan123 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:50 pm

It is nfl 10 team PPR league with 1qb, 2rb, 2wr,te, flex(wr,rb,te), kic,ker defence, bench

My team:
qb: romo
Rb:1-mjd
2-sproles
wr:erick decker
randy moss
te: Jimmy Graham
flex: big grankowski
kicker: garret hartley
defence:saints at the moment

bench: rb-jamal charrles(suspect cuz of big injury)
rb-matt forte(yet another risk player cuz of injury)
wr-nate washington
qb:andrew luck

give me some feed back guys please and ill help in return also if u give me link.
need advice on starters or possible trades i need to make
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my Squad! WHIR

Postby saintsfan123 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:02 pm

would like to add that the scoring system is standard with these few adjustments:

1:passing td-6points
2:200yard recieving, 200yard rushing, and 400yard throwing give a bonus of 5 points
3:ppr is 1 point

everything else is standard to a regular league thanks guys and look forward to seeing your responses and helping in return!
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Your RB depth is fantastic, however you have no WR1. I would look to trade MJD or Sproles because I think both will regress this year. I would not worry about Forte and Charles injuries. I think your starters will be Romo, MJD, Forte, Decker, Washington, Graham, Gronk ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby LMack » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 pm

You have very solid options at RB and TE but your WR suffered because of it. I would explore trade options to upgrade at wide out. The easiest way to do this would be to trade one of Forte, Sporles, Graham, or Gronkowski straight up for a WR, but I don't think this is the only (or the best) option. Packaging Jamaal Charles with one of your WRs should get you a low end WR1 back without compromising your elite options.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Wood Chipper » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Trade Gronk for someone like Vernon Davis and a solid WR.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby saintsfan123 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 pm

thanks so much guys for the responses. I have a question on what wide receiver i should try and target. I want get a receiver that will alost gaurantee me 15 pts a game or more in a ppr league. i remeber last year clavin johnson and welker did this, but any others out there i should try and target for a trade with some of my depth running back players. I dont wanna trade graham and gronk cuz i tink this combo will be leathal cuz they are like 2 number one recievers playing as tight ends.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby saintsfan123 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:46 pm

anymore help would be very much appreciated guys looking to make some trades asap.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 pm

saintsfan123 wrote:thanks so much guys for the responses. I have a question on what wide receiver i should try and target. I want get a receiver that will alost gaurantee me 15 pts a game or more in a ppr league. i remeber last year clavin johnson and welker did this, but any others out there i should try and target for a trade with some of my depth running back players. I dont wanna trade graham and gronk cuz i tink this combo will be leathal cuz they are like 2 number one recievers playing as tight ends.

I would target Welker or Andre Johnson. A couple options that have the upside to put up 15 points per game are Harvin and Colston. If you go that route I would look at Harvin and another WR so you do not have to rely on Randy Moss. Also I would look to drop Luck and pick up another WR. You will only use him on Romo's bye week.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Mizou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:46 pm

I agree with stever's advice. I would not trade either Graham or Gronk. Having Gronk as your flex is essentially a WR1. I'd be looking to get a high-end WR2 or low-end WR1.

In addition to the guys listed, I would also target Colston or Roddy White (depending how they're valued in your league). Nicks is also an intriguing option, but I'm not absolutely sure of his value in PPR. Sproles and Charles would be my trading chips, though Sproles is pretty monster in PPR (but, as mentioned, is a bit risky).

Looking it up, here are a few other names for "safe" output that you wanted: Miles Austin, Maclin, Dwayne Bowe. None of these guys should cost the house to get (as compared to, say, Walalce, Cruz, Jones, Green, et al) From the guys listed in this thread, should be a pretty good chance of picking one of them up for your WR slot to pair with Decker. I'd feel pretty good with a team like Bowe, Decker, Graham, and Gronk as my pass catchers.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby saintsfan123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 am

i agree with everything you guys are saying and appreciate all the input. last year sproles was a beast but i dont think hell do what he did last year and will regress and charles i dont even know what hell do this year cuz he got hurt so fast last year lol but i remeber 2 years ago he was like the number one rb and had an amazing break out season. i guess ill use those two as my trade baits because mjd and forte are the closest u can get to safe and know they will be very productive.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Roster Ratings