Rate my Squad! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my Squad! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rate my Squad! WHIR

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:43 pm

I like the way the conversation is going so far. I base my thoughts on the tendency to regress towards the mean. In other words, great seasons tend to be followed by less great ones and disappointing seasons tend to be followed by better ones (factoring out age). I believe that Charles will bounce back, and I believe that Chicago's offense as a whole will improve. Also consider that MJD has a lot of miles on his legs and is coming off an epic season, and as already mentioned Sproles over-preformed last year and the Saints seem like a high risk to unravel at least a little. That being said, I think I would use MJD and Sproles as trade-bait, perhaps throwing in Luck or Moss if the right guy wants one of them. You may well be able to get a stud WR for that (read anybody but Calvin Johnson). I'd target Fitzgerald/Jennings/White/Andre/Wallace. Find the owner of these who has a good #2 WR and he probably has crap for RBs. That might work. I'd be happy with Forte and Charles and either MJD or Sproles, and Graham and Gronk is embarrassing, no way I'd break that up but you obviously downgraded every other slot to do it. Interesting dilemma, but definitely workable, you should have fun and do well!

Hope that helps! I could use some thoughts at:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=514412

Thanks! ;-D
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby saintsfan123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:38 pm

ive gotten several offers for jimmy graham or gronk but there is no way in hell im breaking up that combo cuz it will be deadly :) im still stuck on the fence of who i should keep as my rbs and who i should trade. id like to get a little more input from you guys on that situation! so keep the comments coming! I apreciate all the suggestions and will all play a huge roll in what i do. And also leave a link and i will come give my thoughts in your topic.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Postby saintsfan123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:01 pm

real quick guys i have to let u guys know something thast i missed in the scoring system. i checked that punt/kickoff return yards are 1 point for every 25 yards and also punt and kick return tds are 6 points. so does this actaully increase my value for sproles and should i concider keeping him now and not trading him?
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:15 pm

I think the dude you get the most for your buck with is mjd. Yes, your scoring may increase sproles' value depending on how often they use him of course. If you can get a worthwhile wr for mjd/moss thatd be money imo
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Zbetty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:29 pm

With what you have to work with I would try to package Charles and Moss for a top end WR along the lines of Jennings or Roddy. Who to target depends on which WRs are on RB needy teams. The combo of Graham and Gronk will be nasty!! Good luck. You should have a great chance to win it all this year.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm looking at it again. You're really pretty awesome at RB. MJD/Forte/Charles/Sproles. That's pretty darn good. I still think MJD is slightly overvalued and Charles is slightly undervalued. I'd try MJD/Moss for a top WR (You're not gonna get Calvin, but the rest of the top 10 should be available to you). If that won't go, try MJD/Decker or Forte/Moss. I'd be happy with any 2 of MJD/Charles/Forte at RB. Moss is intriguing, but I can't force myself to believe that his value increases once the season starts.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby saintsfan123 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:41 pm

i offered mjd and randy moss for wes welker and the dude laughed at me and said no way. so im thinking the guys in my league must all be very high on recievers that is prolly why i have a huge stock in rbs from the draft. so im thinking maybe i should hod trades till beginning of season within first 1-3weeks and trade one of my guys that start hot and sell high? cuz no one biting it seems which is wierd.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby saintsfan123 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:47 pm

just got offered brandon marshal and dez bryant for mjd and in comments said that if i wanted i could take one of tthem out and replace with aj green. what u guys think?? brandon marshall i think will have a break out year with his old qb in jay cutler.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:26 pm

I would take Marshall and Bryant for MJD
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby saintsfan123 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 pm

i just pulled the trigger on mjd for brandon marshall and aj green both of these wrs can only get better from last year. aj green has a year under his belt with andy dalton and i see both well be better this year and also marshall getting back with his old qb jay cutler and jay loves to throw it up to marshal so hopefully i dont get the bad side of the stick on this trade.
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Roster Ratings