All-Compromise Team..WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

All-Compromise Team..WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

All-Compromise Team..WHIR!

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:22 pm

OK I promised myself I'd only play two leagues this year. Perhaps my sense of ambivalence bled through to my draft after I yielded to temptation and clicked "live draft room" this morning... Other than Rice, the entire team seems like a big, fat compromise to me but maybe I'm being too harsh. I went in to it with the plan (based on a ton of mocks) that I was going to go RB-RB-WR and go for a mid-level QB in the 4th-6th round. Here's how I picked round by round, with the starting line-up summarized afterward (10-team ESPN standard):

1-Ray Rice (Rodgers went #1 so I had my choice of the big 3)
2-Greg Jennings (4 QBs went in the 1st round, I hoped Mathews would fall but he and Forte both were gone so I went with a dependable, productive WR)
3 - Marshawn Lynch (I kind of already regret not picking Jamaal Charles here.)
4 - Julio Jones (Jordy was available, but I didn't want Jennings and Nelson)
5 - Romo. (There wasn't a "GOTTA GET HIM" at this point, and with Peyton and Cutler next on the board, I decided to go with this guy. He should be nails for the first half of the season like usual, right?)
6 - Demaryius Thomas
7 - Aaron Hernandez
8 - CJ Spiller
9 - LeGarrette Blount ( I considered Tate, Starks, Gerhart and Mike Bush here, but I think this guy could actually bounce back some this year)
10 - Peyton Hillis (I'm a Chiefs fan, so why not hope?)
11 - Crabtree (might not suck)
12 - Greg Little (might suck less)
13 Eddie Royal (Reports are that he's tearing it up in OTAs or camp or whatever)
14 Robert Turbin (In case Lynch gets suspended..I coulda had Pierre Thomas - meh)
Falcons/Alex Henery

soooooo.....

QB Romo
RB1 Rice
RB2 Lynch
WR1 Jennings
WR2 Julio
TE Hernandez
R/W Demaryius or Spiller
D/K meh

Is it as bad as I think? leava a link and I'll be sure to leave my 2 cents! Thanks!!! ;-D
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: All-Compromise Team..WHIR!

Postby saintsfan123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:33 pm

number one pick is a tough spot to be in( id much rather 3rd pick or later), but anyways being that u had a numberone pick i think u have a solid team. I think ur starters are all around good. to me looks like a play off team. just be sure to play the wave wire!!

viewtopic.php?t=514363
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Mizou » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Hahaha, I don't think Saints was paying that close attention.

I'm liking it, especially as your starting WRs are solid. Romo, while not flashy, is definitely a dependable- and GOOD- starter for fantasy. I think you definitely got the best of value while waiting on your QB.

I definitely would have picked Charles over Lynch. Lynch is completely DND to me at this point. But good move grabbing his better handcuff. If suspension/laziness kicks in, you shouldn't be crippled. Or you could start Hillis in that instance.

Is D Thomas really going that high? I know he's got potential, but I don't see him as worth that high of a pick. Just personal preference though. Might've grabbed a guy like Wayne instead.

(edit: Just looked it up. Around Thomas' ADP [4th round in 12'ers] there are guys like Harvin, Colston, Maclin, Steve Smith, Miles Austin, and Dez Bryant. Really would've grabbed one from that list if they were available.)

Definitely not fond of Blount, and this is being a big Ducks fan. I definitely would have gone Gerhart or Bush here.

All in all, I like the roster. With the exception of Lynch, no real holes to fill. Spiller is 50/50 on peoples minds whether he'll break out or regress, and you could always upgrade at Flex later on if he flopped.

Give a look? viewtopic.php?t=514268
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby saintsfan123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Mizou wrote:Hahaha, I don't think Saints was paying that close attention.

I'm liking it, especially as your starting WRs are solid. Romo, while not flashy, is definitely a dependable- and GOOD- starter for fantasy. I think you definitely got the best of value while waiting on your QB.

I definitely would have picked Charles over Lynch. Lynch is completely DND to me at this point. But good move grabbing his better handcuff. If suspension/laziness kicks in, you shouldn't be crippled. Or you could start Hillis in that instance.

Is D Thomas really going that high? I know he's got potential, but I don't see him as worth that high of a pick. Just personal preference though. Might've grabbed a guy like Wayne instead.

(edit: Just looked it up. Around Thomas' ADP [4th round in 12'ers] there are guys like Harvin, Colston, Maclin, Steve Smith, Miles Austin, and Dez Bryant. Really would've grabbed one from that list if they were available.)

Definitely not fond of Blount, and this is being a big Ducks fan. I definitely would have gone Gerhart or Bush here.

All in all, I like the roster. With the exception of Lynch, no real holes to fill. Spiller is 50/50 on peoples minds whether he'll break out or regress, and you could always upgrade at Flex later on if he flopped.
spiller

Give a look? viewtopic.php?t=514268

u are right i didnt fully read the post and missed alot of stuff lol and saw he did Not pick first, but to go along with what u said i agree almost 100 percent of what u said and agree whole heartily that he should have picked charles over m.lynch cuz charles has so much upside and lynch well he is a heap of trouble with all the mess outside of the gridiron. i do believe this is a playoff team(if he plays the waiver wire very closely) . I would seriously concider trying to trade lynch for another equal value rb or just put him up on the trading block and see what offers arise and see if u can get some deals to benefit ur team. spiller could be a HUGE SAVE on your team depending if he has a break out year or not. I also think D.Thomas will have a huge year with P.Manning at qb over in denver as well as erik decker. those 2 wrs will be sleepers and will have great seasons IMHO. overall good team and wish you luck!
saintsfan123
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm considering packing MLynch and DThomas for JCharles and RWayne
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby LMack » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:36 pm

In my opinion you are weak at flex. Your options are a WR in a non-PPR league or a RB who might not see 10 touches a game while Fred Jackson is on the field.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:17 am

monkiesatemybaby wrote:I'm considering packing MLynch and DThomas for JCharles and RWayne

I like that trade. You're kind of flipping between high boom/bust to dependable, but lower ceiling. Maybe I'm just a bit conservative the way I play, but I'd prefer a guy like Charles over "will he show up or get arrested or suspended?" Lynch.

DThomas is huge potential, but Wayne is WR1 for Luck, and is going to get his targets. Downgrade there (slightly, imo), but with Jennings and Jones, you're covered. Wayne is a fine WR3.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Roster Ratings