16 Team Rosters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

16 Team Rosters

Moderator: Football Moderators

16 Team Rosters

Postby Slippery95 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 am

I am setting up a 16 team league (Auction Draft) and I am attempting to keep as much quality on the waiver wire as I can. That being said I also want to allow each team to start enough players in order to actual resemble a team as opposed to just a few players. What would your suggestions be with the starters and the bench players? I am thinking 1-QB, 1-RB, 1-WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 Flex, 1 Defense/ST, 1 Kicker, 5 bench slots. Roster size would equal 12 players total.

Additionally, can you lend any advice to myself about some of the special rules used in an auction and a 16-team league that ensure fairness.

Thanks,
Slippery95
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 16 Team Rosters

Postby Cards24 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Slippery,

I run a very active 12 team auction league. One of the reasons It is so active (I believe) is due to our limited roster sizes. Usually the waiver wire blows up every week. We start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1PK, and 1D/ST. In addition to our starters we only allow 1 sub per position, and that is including TE, K, and D/ST. This also gives a little more value to D/ST since there are not that many left on the waiver wire. We also have a Injured Reserve (IR) spot but in order to utilize your player HAS to be either "doubtful" or "Out" per the injury report. As you can see with limited rosters bye weeks are very important and player hording is non existing.

If you decide to go to a limited roster league option your waiver wire rules become VERY important in order to insure fairness. We continue the auction style throughout the season with a blind bid waiver wire system. After the draft every team receives $100.00 (fake money) that is used to bid on players during the waiver wire periods. During the waiver period ALL free agents are locked and open to blind bids. Min bids are $0 and max is as much money as you have left over, but remember $100 is all you have the entire season. After players clear waivers they become first come first serve. We also charge $2 (real money) for every add/drop. That money goes towards the end of the year payouts.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 16 Team Rosters

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:53 am

i would suggest going w 2 mandatory RBs. requiring only 1 doesnt seem right to me. i know its a big league, but i play in a 20 teamer that requires 2 and it works out. especially w all the RBBCs now

2 RB, 2 WRs, 1 Te and 1 RB/WR/TE flex sounds good to me
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner