Hightower/Helu/Royster/Morris - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hightower/Helu/Royster/Morris

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hightower/Helu/Royster/Morris

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Clear as mud:

Posted at 08:17 PM ET, 07/26/2012
Redskins training camp: Observations from Day 1
By Mike Jones

Tim Hightower took a limited number of carries as he works his way back from ACL surgery in November. Hightower ran with a slight hitch, but did display a burst of acceleration on one carry when he found a seam, eluded a would-be tackler and went the distance. Towards the tail end of the run, and on his way back to the huddle, Hightower appeared to limp a little more.

Afterwards, Hightower said he felt pretty good, but acknowledged that he is still healing. He drew encouragement from the fact that he is active, not on the PUP list. Shanahan said the back remains eager, and that he has to be reminded to be patient.

With Hightower limited, Evan Royster took the bulk of the first-team snaps and appeared to run hard. Roy Helu worked primarily with the second team, but occasionally with the starters. Shanahan said the competition remains wide open, however.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hightower/Helu/Royster

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:29 pm

stomperrob wrote:Clear as mud:

Posted at 08:17 PM ET, 07/26/2012
Redskins training camp: Observations from Day 1
By Mike Jones

Tim Hightower took a limited number of carries as he works his way back from ACL surgery in November. Hightower ran with a slight hitch, but did display a burst of acceleration on one carry when he found a seam, eluded a would-be tackler and went the distance. Towards the tail end of the run, and on his way back to the huddle, Hightower appeared to limp a little more.

Afterwards, Hightower said he felt pretty good, but acknowledged that he is still healing. He drew encouragement from the fact that he is active, not on the PUP list. Shanahan said the back remains eager, and that he has to be reminded to be patient.

With Hightower limited, Evan Royster took the bulk of the first-team snaps and appeared to run hard. Roy Helu worked primarily with the second team, but occasionally with the starters. Shanahan said the competition remains wide open, however.

More of the same with Shanahan. Wiiiiiiiiide open. For all we know, the guy who will have the most carries isn't even mentioned in this thread. It's enough to drive a man ill trying to figure out who the hell he will end up going with for the bulk of the year. I'm staying the hell away, unless I can crab either Royster or Helu in the second half of a draft.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wood Chipper » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Washington Redskins

Tim Hightower vs. Roy Helu vs. Evan Royster for RB1

Analysis: The Redskins surprisingly re-signed Hightower, despite the fact that he’s coming back from ACL surgery, but it should be noted that he’s excellent in pass protection. Hightower, who has not practiced during OTAs, is not expected to get medically cleared to practice until training camp. Helu and Royster have been nursing minor injuries during OTAs. It is expected that Helu will enter training camp No. 1 on the depth chart, yet that’s not exactly set in stone. As most people know, Mike Shanahan is not a man to commit to one RB. Royster ended last season on a high note, making this backfield an even bigger mess for anyone drafting while trying to decipher who will be RB1.

Opinion: Save yourself the headache and just avoid this backfield.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Redskins RB Evan Royster has continued to work with the starting unit.
Tim Hightower (ACL surgery) isn't close to 100 percent and the coaching staff isn't showing full confidence in Roy Helu yet. That leaves Royster, who has shown drastic improvement since his rookie training camp in 2011. Penn State's all-time leading rusher posted back-to-back 100-yard games to end last season and is impressing with his "wiggle." Although Helu has more natural talent and explosion, Royster appears to have landed the first blow in this battle. Related: Roy Helu, Tim Hightower
Source: Washington Examiner Aug 2 - 10:02 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm hoping Helu will have the job by the middle of the season. That said, I'm not willing to spend 5th-7th round pick on him. This seems like a good situation to monitor at the beginning of the season, then try to snap up Helu for cheap when the owner who drafts him gives up on him.
tuff_gong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:
Opinion: Save yourself the headache and just avoid this backfield.

/thread

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Posted at 06:02 PM ET, 08/07/2012 TheWashingtonPost
Evan Royster to start at running back for Redskins vs. Buffalo
By Mike Jones

Evan Royster will get the first crack at the Washington Redskins’ starting running back job when the team opens the preseason at Buffalo Thursday, coach Mike Shanahan said on Tuesday.

Royster and fellow second-year back Roy Helu Jr. have alternated days as the starter, and veteran Tim Hightower continues to work his way back from ACL surgery in a limited capacity. Hightower will not play on Thursday.

Shanahan said that although Royster will start, Helu will handle nearly as many carries. The coach estimated each would see 15 to 20 plays.

Shanahan has observed Royster and Helu in practices, but the coach said those performances are only part of the equation. The preseason games will help Redskins coaches get a better idea of where the two stand in the positional battle.

“You kind of get a feel, but until you actually see a running back live, it’s hard to evaluate a guy,” Shanahan said. “You get a feel, but you really don’t know for sure.. . .It’s always nice to get in game situations and see how they play.”

Shanahan said that in addition to ball-carrying duties, Royster and his fellow backs will be evaluated on their pass protection skills, which generally take a while for a young running back to master.

con't...

more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html
stomperrob

Postby petedog9 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

The more I move these guys around on my draft board, the more tempted I am to just remove all 3 of them from my board altogether... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Tailback Tim Hightower has made progress in recent days as he returns gradually from last season’s knee injury, Shanahan said. Hightower might participate in full team drills Friday and play in the third or fourth preseason game, according to Shanahan.

By Mark Maske | 04:09 PM ET, 08/14/2012

stomperrob

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:54 am

petedog9 wrote:The more I move these guys around on my draft board, the more tempted I am to just remove all 3 of them from my board altogether... ;-D

I can't blame you. I won't take any of them unless it's laaaaaaate in the draft. It's all headaches as far as I'm concerned.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk