Hightower/Helu/Royster/Morris - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hightower/Helu/Royster/Morris

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Hightower/Helu/Royster

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:41 pm

The Redskins held rookie RB Alfred Morris out of their preseason finale against the Buccaneers on Wednesday night.
While the Shanahans' backfield is much too difficult to predict with any hint of certainty, we might take Morris' absence as a sign that the Skins want to keep him healthy for a big Week 1 role against New Orleans. Evan Royster and Roy Helu carried the mail against the Bucs. Morris is on track to play on early downs in the opener, with Tim Hightower replacing him on third downs.
Aug 30 - 7:52 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hightower/Helu/Royster/Morris

Postby umma10 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 am

umma10
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 44)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 am

The Redskins are working on a trade that would send WR Anthony Armstrong to the Dolphins for RB Steve Slaton.
Talks are "ongoing." There are plenty of connections here as Slaton played for current Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan in Houston and Armstrong spent 2008 on the Dolphins' practice squad. Slaton is currently fourth on the running back depth chart in Miami and hasn't earned significant playing time since 2009, but would at least threaten for a role in Washington. The Shanahans aren't afraid to give anyone carries and Slaton fits best in the zone-blocking scheme.
Related: Redskins, Anthony Armstrong
Source: Mike Jones on Twitter
Aug 31 - 12:30 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:02 pm

stomperrob wrote:
The Redskins are working on a trade that would send WR Anthony Armstrong to the Dolphins for RB Steve Slaton.
Talks are "ongoing." There are plenty of connections here as Slaton played for current Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan in Houston and Armstrong spent 2008 on the Dolphins' practice squad. Slaton is currently fourth on the running back depth chart in Miami and hasn't earned significant playing time since 2009, but would at least threaten for a role in Washington. The Shanahans aren't afraid to give anyone carries and Slaton fits best in the zone-blocking scheme.

Here I was about to post as a Helu owner and go, GUYS, HIGHTOWER IS GONE, THINGS ARE A BIT CLEARER AND HELU HAS A DECENT SHOT. And then this. Shanny... :-C
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:34 pm

m16a wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Here I was about to post as a Helu owner and go, GUYS, HIGHTOWER IS GONE, THINGS ARE A BIT CLEARER AND HELU HAS A DECENT SHOT. And then this. Shanny... :-C

Not thinking that time has given Slaton more speed or cutting ability, and if I recall correctly didn't Slaton have some pretty bad fumblitis?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:28 pm

moochman wrote:
m16a wrote:

Not thinking that time has given Slaton more speed or cutting ability, and if I recall correctly didn't Slaton have some pretty bad fumblitis?

Dolphins released RB Steve Slaton.
The Dolphins and Redskins couldn't complete a rumored trade for the fifth-year pro, though CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Slaton could still end up in Washington. Slaton has carried the ball just 43 times the past two seasons, and made only six catches. Sep 1 - 3:17 PM
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4651/steve-slaton

In answer to your question mooch, he turned the ball over twice in his rookie but five times in his second season (on far fewer carries). He had that one great season in his rookie year followed by three mediocre seasons. He has shown to be a decent receive out of the backfield so I suppose he has some value - if the Lions (or another team) picks him up I think it'll be a make it or break it season for him, hopefully he realizes that.
stomperrob

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 pm

If the Skins were offering anything, used footballs, decals, whatever, why wouldn't Miami have taken what ever they could get?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 pm

The Tampa Bay Times speculates that LeGarrette Blount could be on the trading block.
Blount has already lost his starting job to Doug Martin, and the signing of D.J. Ware could be a sign that the Bucs view him as expendable. Ware is a middling talent, but Martin has the skill-set to be featured in an every-down role. Seventh-round rookie Michael Smith is a complementary, change-of-pace option.

Could you guys imagine..if..*head explodes*
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:26 pm

The Redskins are open to bringing back free agent Tim Hightower once his surgically repaired knee is fully recovered.
Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed that Hightower suffered a setback with his knee after his preseason debut a week ago. Hightower was ineligible for the PUP list as well as the new "designated for return" injured reserve spot. It's easy to second-guess the Redskins' decision not to place Hightower on the camp/PUP list in late July.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4901/tim-hightower
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bayside » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:55 pm

moochman wrote:If the Skins were offering anything, used footballs, decals, whatever, why wouldn't Miami have taken what ever they could get?

Wouldnt Slaton's outright release imply that the rumors were false, or at least only being pursued by Miami?
bayside
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk