Steelers ink WR to 5 year/$42.5 million.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steelers ink WR to 5 year/$42.5 million....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steelers ink WR to 5 year/$42.5 million....

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 pm

And that WR is Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace is still not in camp & still hasn't signed his RFA tender - this is in danger of becoming really ugly IMO.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... -brown.ap/
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Steelers ink WR to 5 year/$42.5 million....

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:28 pm

I think it is already really ugly. I'd bet a lot of money Brown just signed the contract that was on the table for Wallace. They are going to make him play out this year and than they can franchise him next year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:11 am

What I'm hearing more of is that he might be traded. Probably best case scenario for his Fantasy value.

I'm really doubting that they'll tag him and make him play another year under a tender. If that's the case, he might just hold out until Week 10 just to get his year of service, then go on the market.

Best case scenario this year: Signs RFA tender soon and plays. OR Traded to another team.

Worst case scenario: Holds out until Week 10. AND/OR Steelers do not play him if he holds out. They have shown before (Holmes) that they will take a small hit to keep up with the Steeler Way. I can't imagine them playing a guy who held out through camp and most of the season as anything higher than 3rd WR off the bench. Remember also that he won't know the new offense being installed if he sits out that long, further hurting his Fantasy value.

What I'm thinking is that if he doesn't sign his RFA tender within the next week or so (or perhaps up until the first preseason game), then things are shot for him. I'd be looking to move him at that point.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:01 am

Sounds like they are possibly trading him. I dont think they will sign him to a big contract after Brown. Interesting situation to keep an eye on
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Sounds like they are possibly trading him. I dont think they will sign him to a big contract after Brown. Interesting situation to keep an eye on

Agreed. With the Steelers saying they want to be more run-based, I can't see them tying up more money at the WR position. I wonder what teams can possibly make a move for him.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 75)

Postby daullaz » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Sounds like they are possibly trading him. I dont think they will sign him to a big contract after Brown. Interesting situation to keep an eye on

Agreed. With the Steelers saying they want to be more run-based, I can't see them tying up more money at the WR position. I wonder what teams can possibly make a move for him.

I just posted an article on our front page with my thoughts after looking at 2013 draft picks and contract situations around the league.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/2012 ... allace.php
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:44 pm

daullaz wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

I just posted an article on our front page with my thoughts after looking at 2013 draft picks and contract situations around the league.

Great article dude. I can definitely see the Rams making a move for Wallace. It also makes sense for the Bengals to try and go after Mike Wallace, but like you said, I doubt they will trade him to a division rival.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 75)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:52 pm

The message the Steelers sent to Wallace — their holdout receiver who wants a contract like receiver Vincent Jackson’s $55 million contract with Tampa Bay — couldn’t be clearer. Namely, if he wants a new contract, he needs to be in camp. Wallace, who has failed to sign his $2.742 million tender, is the only restricted free agent in the NFL who is not in training camp.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/228 ... tches-2017
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:57 pm

daullaz wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

Great article - I am following the situation closely as a Steelers fan, but more importantly as someone who owns Wallace in several re-draft and dynasty leagues.
:-o
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Boy, if you want to have a great chance to win a title, Pittsburgh is a great place to be. If you want to cash in on your individual success, not so much. Good thing for Wallace that the Stillers run game has questions entering the season, might keep him on the team, and he has shown he can excel on the Stillers. Don't pretend to know the cap implications, but Wallace would be a great fit for the Chargers, Chiefs, Skins, Vikings. To name a few.

And great for Ant Brown. Love seeing a Central Michigan kid make it big. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk