Rate my dynasty team, please! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my dynasty team, please!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my dynasty team, please!

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 pm

16 team dynasty roster:
Quarterbacks
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton

Running Backs
Shonn Greene
Felix Jones
Taiwan Jones
Jacquizz Rodgers

Wide Receiver
Malcolm Floyd
Denarius Moore
Greg Little
Jason Avant
Brandon Gibson

Tight End
Fred Davis

Kicker
(empty)

Team Defense
Redskins

League rules:
13 dynasty players retained, 7 round Labor Day weekend draft

Starters: QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, K, team D

All TD's are 6 pts, 1 pt/75 yds passing, 1 pt/25 yds rushing or recieving
Defensively, 2 pts for safety; 1 pt each FR, INT, sack, blocked kick; 6 pts per shutout

I have picks 1, 17, 22, 33, 49, 65, 97 at my disposal.

Being a 'skins fan, I was tempted early on to consider RG3 with that #1 pick, but I will choose to not be Daniel Snyder, and go with the smart choice, Trich. From there, I'll have to see what's available, but he'll be the foundation of my team moving forward.

EDIT - figured I'd throw in my draft results (posted below) as I continue to ask for y'all's opinions:

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:OK, we finally had the draft yesterday, here's how I did:

1 - Richardson. I had no good offers for trading down (I wanted at least 1 of the top 5), so I went with the guy I see as the most productive workhorse back in his career. Which means that Martin will be the better option when all is said and done :-B

17 - Alshon Jeffery. I was hoping for another decent RB option, but they just weren't there. Wilson, Martin, Hillman, Turbin, and Alfred Morris all were gone. I had my eye on Evan Royster, and assumed he'd drop to my next pick at 22, so went with my top rated WR left.

22 - Foolish me, the other Redskin fan in this league took Royster at 18, after taking Morris with # 16. Not having what I felt was a valid RB option for this pick, I accepted a trade offer for Pierre Garcon.

33 - Even the stretches at RB were going now, so I jumped on the wagon, and took Jonathan Dwyer. A real reach, but, possibly a guy for the future.

49 - Jarius Wright. This is my "gut" pick, I think he's gonna have a heck of a career. But won't be much of an impact for a couple more seasons

65 - Justin Tucker. Everyone needs a kicker.

97 - Mike Egnew. Considering 304 guys are already off the board, not bad.

So, how do I rate, now that the draft is over?
Last edited by Gibbs Baby!!! on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my dynasty team, pre-draft!

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:46 pm

I like Moore and Little as future WRs but I would not like to rely on them as WR2 and WR3s. Fred Davis is a solid TE to have. In the draft T-Rich is the easy selection since you do not have a RB1.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Your RB corps is very weak, so grabbing Richardson is a no-brainer, and hopefully you can land another decent RB in the draft on top of him - you can also use some help at WR in the draft.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Rate my dynasty team, pre-draft!

Postby Wood Chipper » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:43 pm

With the team you got and Richardson, it may take some smart moves to have a winning record.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks guys, and yeah, this is a rebuilding situation here after quite a few rookie gambles that didn't pay off the last few years. I'm looking for success next year, in reality.

I've just been offered a trade, but just for picks - my pick 65 this year and next year's round 1, for his pick 14 and his 5th rounder next year. With this, I'd have 4 of the top 22 picks this season, so along with Richardson, I am hoping to pick up either Brandon Wheedon or Ryan Tannenhill, and maybe Michael Floyd, Kendelll Wright, or Alshon Jeffery.

Making this trade would give me a chance to pick up either Doug Martin or another younger RB who might be released yet (Evan Royster's the best available right now) also.

Does that sound like a reasonable strategy?
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby yualreadyknow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:16 team dynasty roster:
Quarterbacks
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton

Running Backs
Shonn Greene
Felix Jones
Taiwan Jones
Jacquizz Rodgers

Wide Receiver
Malcolm Floyd
Denarius Moore
Greg Little
Jason Avant

Tight End
Fred Davis

Kicker
(empty)

Team Defense
Redskins
Cardinals

Yeah, get T-Rich if you can. Your backs are dicey. You might get some production out of Rodgers. Jones only if Murray gets hurt again and maybe not even then with Tanner in the wings. TE and Team D are more than adequate. Floyd, Moore, and Little are all purportedly going to get a shot at #1 status so they just have to maintain it. Your QBs are strong and that should be a comfort. Rebuilding? I have seen worse.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 am

OK, we finally had the draft yesterday, here's how I did:

1 - Richardson. I had no good offers for trading down (I wanted at least 1 of the top 5), so I went with the guy I see as the most productive workhorse back in his career. Which means that Martin will be the better option when all is said and done :-B

17 - Alshon Jeffery. I was hoping for another decent RB option, but they just weren't there. Wilson, Martin, Hillman, Turbin, and Alfred Morris all were gone. I had my eye on Evan Royster, and assumed he'd drop to my next pick at 22, so went with my top rated WR left.

22 - Foolish me, the other Redskin fan in this league took Royster at 18, after taking Morris with # 16. Not having what I felt was a valid RB option for this pick, I accepted a trade offer for Pierre Garcon.

33 - Even the stretches at RB were going now, so I jumped on the wagon, and took Jonathan Dwyer. A real reach, but, possibly a guy for the future.

49 - Jarius Wright. This is my "gut" pick, I think he's gonna have a heck of a career. But won't be much of an impact for a couple more seasons

65 - Justin Tucker. Everyone needs a kicker.

97 - Mike Egnew. Considering 304 guys are already off the board, not bad.

So, how do I rate, now that the draft is over?
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Rate my dynasty team, please!

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:03 pm

You had to get T-Rich so good job there. Great choice with Jeffery, I expect a good year out of him alongside Brandon Marshall. The other Redskins fan did you a favor imo with taking Royster. I wouldn't want any part of that Redskins backfield. Shanahanigans can ruin your team. I do like Garcon though, so I think that was a smart move for you. I also really like the Dwyer pick up, you had to take a chance and this one could really pay off. If he can impress in the first 3 weeks then he might get a firm hold of the job before Mendenhall comes back.

Thanks for the help with mine.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Winger » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:08 pm

You are definitely in a "rebuild mode" at first glance. Lots of future potential, but not as much in the now.
Yeah, I agree it was great to get TRich and Jeffery. I have liked what I've seen from Jeffery and I think he will grow to be a great compliment to Marshall. Garcon's connection with RGIII in the preseason was evident. Not sure I like the Egnew pickup though - I am a Dolphins fan! He was close to being cut altogether according to the local beat down here.
I like Jaquizz a lot. He's a future star, maybe as early as 2nd half of this season. Trich and either Green or Rogers at starting RB though, might be a little rough this year.
Nice QBs. Solid. Falcco will be running tons of no huddle this year, which should boost his numbers dramatically.
WR has good potential. Malcolm Floyd is underrated - before he got hurt in 2010, he was the 2nd leading WR in the NFL (and then sunk my fantasy team!)

Overall, for this year, I give it a C-, but for the future I give it B+

Thanks for the input on mine ;-D
The key to a winning season is focusing on one opponent at a time. Winning one week at a time. Never look back and never look ahead.
Chuck Noll
Red Winger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Fasteddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Don't know a thing about DYNASTY LEAGUES but wanted to say thanks for your help with mine!

Ed
If you love something, let it go....
If it loves you, it will come back to you...
If it doesn't come back to you...
You can always hunt it down and kill it....
Fasteddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Roster Ratings