Andre Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andre Johnson

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:01 pm

If he and Schaub can stay healthy Johnson is still capable of being one of the top WR's

Andre Johnson says he has a lot to prove
Posted on July 27, 2012 at 3:21 pm by John McClain

Receiver Andre Johnson met with the media today and joked about hearing some say he’s getting too old.

Well, he’s 31 and coming off an injury-filled season that cost him nine games. Johnson said he’s got something to prove. He wants to show everyone that he can stay healthy and is capable of still putting up 100 catches for 1,500 yards. The coaches would be happy with that, of course.

Johnson said last season was the worst of his career because he spent too much time on the sideline because of two hamstring injuries that cost him nine starts. But both times he came back, he caught balls all over the field. He averaged 90 yards in the two playoff games – a victory over Cincinnati and a loss at Baltimore.

“Yeah, I think I have something to prove,” he said. “My knee feels good. I’m 100 percent. I’m ready to go. Now I have to show I can stay healthy and play the way I know I can play.”

Entering his 10th season, Johnson reported at 6-3, 230. He played at 228 last season.

“I feel real good,” he said. “I’m excited about the season. This is the best team we’ve ever had. I know the fans are excited, too.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/20 ... -to-prove/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Andre Johnson

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Love the player, but no thank you....Im all for taking risks in fantasy, but I'll pass on him for someone else at his current ADP. Age, injuries and the game plan of that offense are why.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Andre Johnson

Postby Wood Chipper » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah unless I'm getting Andre in round 3 then I will pass too.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm up in the air about him. I'm leaning towards no, but if he falls to me in the late 2nd he could be an option. He is an absolute physical freak, but the guy can't stay healthy.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Calyxes » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 pm

I stay away from when I can also. I have not seen him last long enough this year for me to feel like I am getting value with him
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:14 am

Mr.Joshua wrote:Love the player, but no thank you....Im all for taking risks in fantasy, but I'll pass on him for someone else at his current ADP. Age, injuries and the game plan of that offense are why.

Amen.

His ADP puts him in the 2nd round. I just can't buy in with the injury risk, his age and his QB's injury risk. Schaub is one of those quarterbacks who reminds me a bit of Chris Chandler, or Crystal Chandalier as we used to call him. I'd much rather take someone like Julio Jones, Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White or Brandon Marshall in round two.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Mr.Joshua wrote:Love the player, but no thank you....Im all for taking risks in fantasy, but I'll pass on him for someone else at his current ADP. Age, injuries and the game plan of that offense are why.

Amen.

His ADP puts him in the 2nd round. I just can't buy in with the injury risk, his age and his QB's injury risk. Schaub is one of those quarterbacks who reminds me a bit of Chris Chandler, or Crystal Chandalier as we used to call him. I'd much rather take someone like Julio Jones, Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White or Brandon Marshall in round two.

Thirded. Count me fully in this camp. I won't have AJ on any of my teams at all. Now reports are that he's tweaked his groin already. Didn't they just start practicing? These are the little things that happen to him far too consistently now. If you tried to trade for him his owners will want a kings ransom and in return you get a player projected to do a bunch but will end up on the shelf and more then likely be there for a considerable amount of time.

No thank you on AJ this year. :-t
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Andre Johnson suffers groin strain

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans receiver Andre Johnson says he'll miss "a week or so" after a minor groin injury in the team's second morning practice.

Questions Begin All Over Again

After pulling his groin in practice Sunday, star receiver Andre Johnson now faces additional questions regarding his health, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog

Johnson fell awkwardly running a route on Sunday morning and had an MRI exam later in the day that showed a "mild strain."

"It just tightened up on me," the five-time Pro Bowl receiver said. "I had hit the ground pretty hard, stretching out for a ball. That was pretty much it."

Johnson missed nine regular-season games last season with hamstring injuries and was sidelined from the first organized team activities in the spring after arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.

"Nothing that I'm not used to, doing rehab," Johnson said. "It's very frustrating, but it happens, man. I wish I had some control over it. Unfortunately, I don't."

Coach Gary Kubiak said Johnson wanted to continue practicing, but Kubiak took the cautious route. Johnson watched the rest of the outdoor half of the workout with a towel wrapped around his head then went to Reliant Stadium when the practice moved indoors.

"I felt pretty good, because he wanted to go back out there," Kubiak said Sunday afternoon. "When a guy is telling you that, I don't think it's too bad."

Cont http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/s ... n-practice
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:16 pm

it's funny, I was completely off of him a month ago, as his ADP drops I become much more likely to draft him.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:32 pm

murphysxm wrote:it's funny, I was completely off of him a month ago, as his ADP drops I become much more likely to draft him.

I still think his name alone will lure someone into taking him in the 2nd round. Some overexcited owner is bound to grab him early even with all the injury concerns.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk