Chiefs finally healthy again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chiefs finally healthy again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chiefs finally healthy again

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:07 pm

These three guys are crucial to the success of this team - they need to stay healthy and live up to the expectations all of them have:

Chiefs’ Charles, Berry and Moeaki all practice on first day of camp
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

ST. JOSEPH -- ST. JOSEPH | After successfully completing his first practice session in 10 months, running back Jamaal Charles spoke the words the Chiefs and their fans wanted to hear since he tore knee ligaments, ruining his 2011 season.

“I feel I’ve got my swag back,’’ Charles said. “My legs feel fresh. I’ve been out from football for (10 months) so it feels real good to be out on the field again.’’

The other members of the Chiefs’ torn ACL club, safety Eric Berry and tight end Tony Moeaki, also practiced for the first time in almost a year as the Chiefs began training camp at Missouri Western State University.

Like Charles, they reported no problems afterward. Their return lifted the spirits of coach Romeo Crennel.

“They look pretty good,’’ Crennel said. “They’re running around and they’ve got some bounce in the step so I feel pretty good about them.’’

Also practicing were the other starting safety, Kendrick Lewis, and backup linebacker Brandon Siler. Lewis had shoulder surgery immediately after last season and didn’t practice during the offseason. He will wear a brace on the shoulder to prevent further injury.

con't...

more: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/27/37 ... s-all.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chiefs finally healthy again

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Charles is obviously the headliner of the group and is probably the one guy out of all the players this year that i would love to know how his year will end up. With him basically being almost a full year removed from injury, he's very tempting as I had him 2 years ago and saw what he his capable of even in a time share. Thomas Jones had well over 200 carries that year and Charles still killed it. It's not Hillis that scares me, its his rehab from the injury. Hopefully preseason will tell us what we need to know.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 233)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:Charles is obviously the headliner of the group and is probably the one guy out of all the players this year that i would love to know how his year will end up. With him basically being almost a full year removed from injury, he's very tempting as I had him 2 years ago and saw what he his capable of even in a time share. Thomas Jones had well over 200 carries that year and Charles still killed it. It's not Hillis that scares me, its his rehab from the injury. Hopefully preseason will tell us what we need to know.

This is where I stand. I had him two years ago as well and he was amazing in such limited time. I can only imagine what he will do this year if he is full recovered from that injury.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 pm

I can't see Charles getting back to form till mid season. Normally it takes guys a year to get comfy again but since it was the beginning of the season he has had more time than normal.

The guy I'm most intrigued with here is Bowe. He was on fire till Cassel got hurt
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 am

I'm not buying Charles. He's going to get picked somewhere in the 2nd round in most formats and that's far too high for a RB coming off of a major injury who has never been much of TD scorer to begin with. The yards might be there, but if he's only scoring 6 or so times, I can't buy in at that price.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 am

I really need Berry to return to top 3 DB status for my IDP leagues, and I have Moeaki in a couple dynasties - he looked good what little we saw of him.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Football Talk