11%
2) I avoid drafting players from my fave team
16%
3) I treat them the same a any other player
74%

Total votes : 19

Re: Homer picks - Poll

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm with the OP: I have difficulty drafting from my favorite team (Steelers also) because I fear that I'm overvaluing their talent.

I picked up Brown off waivers last year while his run was going. I almost missed out on him because even though he was a hot "sleeper" or "WW pickup" type, I thought that I was just using my heart. Good thing I got him though.. he outscored Welker a few times in games I needed.

Same thing this year.. Redman is being touted as a good pickup/sleeper type because of him owning the starting job. I debated heavily drafting him over a few others (even though he was top of my, and other, rankings at that point in the draft) because I felt I might be "bumping" him up too high, despite the papers telling me otherwise.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:28 pm

I treat em like any other player. In the past it seems if I have one from my team I end up jinxing them
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:58 am

Being a Colts fan, it hasn't exactly been a burden to draft players from my own team in the past decade or so seeing as how guys like Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James and the like have all been fantasy stars at one time or another. Will I likely take them if my decision is between them and some guy from another team? Sure. Will I go out of my way to grab one in lieu of a more effective player? Heck no. The second you fall in love with someone from your own team and use your heart instead of your head is the day you should just hand over all of your money to the league and walk away. It's a foolish venture more often than not. Go with the smart choice and take the better player instead of being a homer.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Stevooo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:37 am

I love Fantasy Football but man I HATE drafting a Packer and having to root for them...it kills me.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)