2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:02 am

I'm completely buying the Matt Ryan throws 35+ TDs and 4,500 yards passing. Julio should take the next step this year and with Michael Turner aging, I can see Ryan continuing to put up even better numbers than he did last year.

My own prediction: Coby Fleener has 750 yards and 7 scores for the Colts this year. In fact, I can see Luck having a year not too far off from what Peyton had in 1998 when he was a rookie. The Colts will be down a lot this year. In fact, with their defensive backfield looking like something out of The Replacements, I think 25-30 scores for Luck wouldn't be a total shock. Now, he'll also turn the ball over about 20-25 times, but that's a given for a rookie starting from day one. I think Fleener has the chance to be a top ten TE who you can grab in the latter half of your fantasy draft. A great value for someone at TE, espcially when you consider how early you'll see the top 5 go off the board in rounds 2 through 5.
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby LMack » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I'm completely buying the Matt Ryan throws 35+ TDs and 4,500 yards passing. Julio should take the next step this year and with Michael Turner aging, I can see Ryan continuing to put up even better numbers than he did last year.

My own prediction: Coby Fleener has 750 yards and 7 scores for the Colts this year. In fact, I can see Luck having a year not too far off from what Peyton had in 1998 when he was a rookie. The Colts will be down a lot this year. In fact, with their defensive backfield looking like something out of The Replacements, I think 25-30 scores for Luck wouldn't be a total shock. Now, he'll also turn the ball over about 20-25 times, but that's a given for a rookie starting from day one. I think Fleener has the chance to be a top ten TE who you can grab in the latter half of your fantasy draft. A great value for someone at TE, espcially when you consider how early you'll see the top 5 go off the board in rounds 2 through 5.


I like the Fleener love as he's definitely someone I've been targeting late. The upside is high.


I'll throw out another one - Ryan Williams finishes the year as a borderline top 15 back.
Image
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
Posts: 1871
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 15 May 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Straight Cash Homey

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby Stevooo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Roddy White and Julio Jones both finish out of the top 10 WR -- yes this is some hate going Matty Ice's way! -- critism incoming!

Sam Bradford throws for over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs

Decker outperforms Thomas in Denver

LeGarrette Blount bounces back and goes for over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs -- Hating on Doug Martin

Luck outperforms RGIII Fantasywise

Trich is the real deal -- top 5 RB

Ponder outperforms his draftmates Dalton and Newton.

Dez Bryant isnt a top 20 WR

Eagles and Ravens Superbowl.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.


12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 693
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 9 Sep 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Stevooo wrote:Roddy White and Julio Jones both finish out of the top 10 WR -- yes this is some hate going Matty Ice's way! -- critism incoming!

Sam Bradford throws for over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs

Decker outperforms Thomas in Denver

LeGarrette Blount bounces back and goes for over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs -- Hating on Doug Martin

Luck outperforms RGIII Fantasywise

Trich is the real deal -- top 5 RB

Ponder outperforms his draftmates Dalton and Newton.

Dez Bryant isnt a top 20 WR

Eagles and Ravens Superbowl.

The Bradford one is really out on a limb. With Brian "I'm a horrible OC" Schottenheimer in St.Louis, I expect that offense to be putrid.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6205
(Past Year: 69)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Finally after 23 years Jerry Jones realizes he's an imbecile and fires himself and hires a real GM who actually knows football!
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 pm

stomperrob wrote:Finally after 23 years Jerry Jones realizes he's an imbecile and fires himself and hires a real GM who actually knows football!



Stomp, it says PROBABLY doomed to fail, not 100% absolutely not possible. :-b
Image
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5361
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere in PA

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:28 pm

m16a wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Finally after 23 years Jerry Jones realizes he's an imbecile and fires himself and hires a real GM who actually knows football!



Stomp, it says PROBABLY doomed to fail, not 100% absolutely not possible. :-b


Yeah, guess we need a hopeless cause thread for that, lol! :-b
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:40 pm

stomperrob wrote:Yeah, guess we need a hopeless cause thread for that, lol! :-b


Isn't that called the Lions forum?
Image
murphysxm
Moderator
Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2596
(Past Year: 222)
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indianapolis

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Hey now, be nice to the Lions, we need the spot in their parent's basement. IF they moved out of it. ;-)
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: 2012 Bold and probably doomed to fail Predictions

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:06 pm

murphysxm wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Yeah, guess we need a hopeless cause thread for that, lol! :-b


Isn't that called the Lions forum?


Lol - hey, the Lions actually have a pulse now and a Super Bowl appearance this century is in our sights! :-b
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:06 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact