TRich/Murray keeper draft strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

TRich/Murray keeper draft strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

TRich/Murray keeper draft strategy

Postby myke612 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:32 am

I am in a .5ppr 12 team keeper where we can keep up to 3 players. After a few trades, the only player i am keeping is Lesean McCoy at a 4th rd cost. You start 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR and 1 Flex in our league. I currently own (through trades and people keeping players at 1st rd cost) the 2nd, 5th,6th,7th and 15th picks in our draft. Obviously this isnt as great as having all those picks in a redraft but still excited to be able to build my team early in the draft. The best players available(my opinion) are Chris Johnson (will go 1), TRICH (who I plan to take at 2), Murray and Gronk. The person with the third pick is enamored with TRich and has already offered their 3rd pick if we could also swap 1sts( id pick 3 instead of 2). I think I could possibly get a 2nd instead of a third. The second would be pick 9 which would give me picks 3,5,6,7 and 9. This is a no brainer correct? Will there be that big of a difference between TRich and Murray? I am a little scared with Murray's injury history but would have early picks to build depth. If i can get a 2nd rd pick to swap, I definetly do this right?
myke612
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: TRich/Murray keeper draft strategy

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 am

I personally don't see the difference in value great enough to turn this deal down. I would try and work him to get his #9 without giving up your 15 though, what number would be your next pick? dangle that one instead
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby LMack » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:23 pm

murphysxm wrote:I personally don't see the difference in value great enough to turn this deal down. I would try and work him to get his #9 without giving up your 15 though, what number would be your next pick? dangle that one instead

Expanding on this, you are in the seat of power in this deal and should act as such. You know he wants to move up, and if you don't do this move you will still have several first round picks. You don't need to do this, he wants to do this. If you can play on his love for Trent Richardson you could maybe even squeeze a little more out of him.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby myke612 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:25 pm

yep he balked at me asking for his 2nd rd in return so I walked away
myke612
Water Boy
Water Boy