Dynasty trade advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty trade advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty trade advice

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm really high on Aaron Hernandez, so I wanted to see what others thought about his value.

I was offered Mcgahee (1) and Colston(4) for Hernandez(5), or Mcgahee(1) Colston(4) and Gates(1) for Hernandez(5) and Kendricks(2). Contract years remaining in (). I think I need to improve my RB situation, but I'm not sure if Mcgahee is the solution. I'm leaning towards passing on this, but wanted to see people's thoughts

its a PPR league, with TE's getting 1.5 PPR. It's very flexible lineups- start 1 of each position and flex the rest up to 11 offense and 11 defense, with up to 2 QBs.

My team:

QB- RG3, Flynn, Ponder, Cassel
RB- Lynch, Ingram, Thomas, Carter, Scott, Woodhead
WR- Green, Wallace, Austin, Garcon, Quick, Gaffney, Lafell, Manningham
TE- Hernandez, Kendricks, Boss, Chandler
DT- Taylor, Wilfork, Patterson, Raji
DE- Babin, Long, Abraham, Freeney, Jenkins, Merriman
LB- Jackson, Fletcher, Ryans, Hali, Orakpo, Curry, Hawthorne
CB- Woodson, Amukamura, Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Joseph, Grimes
S- Bethea, Griffin, Mays, Reed
Last edited by mzkp54 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty trade advice

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I would pass although it is close. I do not think McGahee will help your RBs much. I would look for another RB like J-Stew.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Your post is confusing, so it's Mcgahee for Colston AND Hernandez? I think those 2 together are worth a way better back than him.

The 2nd trade is Mcgahee and Gates for Colston/Hernandez/Kendricks?

That's a lot better, but still not enough imo. You say you are "Really" high on Hernandez and since he finished 3rd last year you must have him and Gates ranked really close. Since Colston is the better player over Mcgahee, I pass on that one too. Since you only have to start 1RB, don't make a panic move. Colston in a PPR is going to score a lot more than Mcgahee I think.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby LMack » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm worried more about your QBs in this two QB league than I am your RB corps. But with 22 positions I suppose its less pronounced.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Jason497 wrote:Your post is confusing, so it's Mcgahee for Colston AND Hernandez? I think those 2 together are worth a way better back than him.

That's a lot better, but still not enough imo. You say you are "Really" high on Hernandez and since he finished 3rd last year you must have him and Gates ranked really close. Since Colston is the better player over Mcgahee, I pass on that one too. Since you only have to start 1RB, don't make a panic move. Colston in a PPR is going to score a lot more than Mcgahee I think.

Sorry for the confusion. I actually traded Colston previously to this guy but forgot to change the team. The trade offer is:

His Colston, McGahee and gates
For
My Hernandez and Kendricks

Or without gates and Kendricks
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby LMack » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:26 pm

mzkp54 wrote:
Jason497 wrote:Your post is confusing, so it's Mcgahee for Colston AND Hernandez? I think those 2 together are worth a way better back than him.

Sorry for the confusion. I actually traded Colston previously to this guy but forgot to change the team. The trade offer is:

His Colston, McGahee and gates
For
My Hernandez and Kendricks

Or without gates and Kendricks

The value on this deal is probably fair. And actually, Gates might outproduce Hernandez this year but that comes with a lot of ifs. If Gates can stay healthy, if the Patriot run game is slightly improved, if Lloyd takes some targets away from Hernandez, if Gates inherits some of VJax's targets, etc etc. That's a lot of ifs.

But as far as long term is concerned, this doesn't improve you enough at RB to compromise your future at the tight end position. You'd be trading two young players for an aging veteran who might not have too many years left.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:45 pm

LMack wrote:But as far as long term is concerned, this doesn't improve you enough at RB to compromise your future at the tight end position. You'd be trading two young players for an aging veteran who might not have too many years left.

I have nothing to add to this, spot on
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Call me a sucker but I'd pull the trigger on the Gates deal. Kendricks is just a lottery ticket at this point, an unknown. Marques Colston is a stud PPR WR who just signed on to be Brees #1 WR for 4 more years. Antonio Gates, idk why people are down on him he's the healthiest he's been in years and averaged 70.72 yards a game in the last 11, comes out to 1132 over a season. His 7 TDs over the last 11 games would be 10-11 over 16. Yeah he is 32 but that's not ancient for a TE, he could put up another 3 years of dominance. Add in a starting RB in Mcgahee, the fact that TE is deeper than ever nowadays and I take the risk in giving up a young Hernandez who has to compete with Welker, Lloyd, Gronk, ect... for targets.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby dblj9911 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 pm

I don't think that McG is your answer, and age is the main reason. I don't like either trade for you and if you are going to trade your best te who is young you better get something of value for him. I'd pass for now. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=514541
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions