Dwayne Bowe or DeSean Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dwayne Bowe or DeSean Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dwayne Bowe or DeSean Jackson

Postby Slim Pickings » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Same draft different round now.

It's a PPR league.

Who would you guys take Bowe or Jackson?

I'm leaning towards Bowe

thanks in advance
Slim Pickings
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dwayne Bowe or DeSean Jackson

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 pm

I would take Bowe and its not even close. I think D JAX is one of the most overrated players in fantasy football. He really only has value in leagues where you get a bonus for long TD's. He is no better than a #3 WR in PPR leagues, IMO.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Slim Pickings » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:55 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I would take Bowe and its not even close. I think D JAX is one of the most overrated players in fantasy football. He really only has value in leagues where you get a bonus for long TD's. He is no better than a #3 WR in PPR leagues, IMO.

The thing about Jackson is I think he's going to play with something to prove, he just got his new contract too.
Slim Pickings
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Slim Pickings wrote:
TruNinerFan wrote:I would take Bowe and its not even close. I think D JAX is one of the most overrated players in fantasy football. He really only has value in leagues where you get a bonus for long TD's. He is no better than a #3 WR in PPR leagues, IMO.

The thing about Jackson is I think he's going to play with something to prove, he just got his new contract too.

DJAX didn't play hard when he was trying to land a huge contract. Usually, guys bust their butts when they want a new deal. What makes you think he will be motivated now that he got paid? He has a bad attitude and I don't think he is that good. If he dosen't catch a bomb for a TD, his stat line will probably be 3 catches for 30 yards. Go back and look at his game by game stats, they weren't good.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Dwayne Bowe not even close. Had Cassel not been hurt he could have been top 2-3. Jackson is not all that great as an all around WR, Bowe is.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LMack » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Slim Pickings wrote:

If we're talking about players who have something to play for, it has to be Dwayne Bowe. He'll be playing this season begrudgingly on a franchise tag and will most likely be entering free agency next year. That's motivation for a guy who wants to get paid.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby assfromelbow » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:12 pm

I'd take Bowe and never look back. Macklin and McCoy will be the PPR guys on the Seaguls
assfromelbow
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Yabbydoo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Bowe all day he still put up big numbers even with the injury to cassel... guy is motivated to play football
Yabbydoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:37 pm

I just don't like DeSean Jackson. He seems to show up big in some spots while completely disappearing in others. Now that he got his fat paycheck, I don't see him lighting the world on fire. He's often come off as a very selfish player and now that the $$$ is of no motivation, will he play? I don't see it. I like Bowe's track record a bit more. He's also the clear #1 fantasy target for touchdown production on the Chiefs. I think LeSean McCoy, Maclin and Celek all will chip away at Jackson's scoring chances. Bowe had 15 scores two years ago and I do agree that were it not for injuries, he would have hit double-digit scores again in 2011.

You could do worse than DeSean, obviously. But I'd stick with Bowe.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 pm

It is a 50/50 toss up for me who is the most overrated WR in fantasy land. Is it Vincent Jackson or Desean Jackson, either way Bowe is more talented and better than both of them
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions