Dynasty trade for the 1.2 pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty trade for the 1.2 pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty trade for the 1.2 pick

Postby dblj9911 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm in a 10 team dynasty league, 25 man rosters, 3rd rookie draft, 6pt all tds, 1ppr league, we start 1 qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 2 idp. Currently I have picks 1.1, 1.7 and 3.7. I. Trying to stay as one of the better teams while also keeping youth on my roster. So I'm taking Richardson with the 1.1, and with the 1.7 whoever the best player left is ( one of the qb's may be there or Fleener). The guy at 1.2 needs help, he has a few wr's and not much for rb's at all. Would a package of Nelson, Bradshaw and his choice of Green-Ellis or my next years 1st Rd draft pick do it? My roster- better players
QB Eli, Ryan
WR- Calvin, Fitz, Colston, Nelson, Manningham, Decker, Rice
RB- AP, Richardson(draft) Bradshaw, Green-Ellis, Starks, M Bush
TE- Gronk, Daniels

Thanks, WHIR
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty trade for the 1.2 pick

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:57 pm

I wouldnt trade the first round pick for that. Jordy wont do what he did last year and Bradshaw is an injury risk. Backs like Richardson dont come around all that often.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby dblj9911 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:04 pm

I already have the 1.1 pick, but I want to trade for the 1.2 pick also.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby dagnuk » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't think a future pick would necessarily get the deal done. Your team is pretty solid. I would stand pat, draft Richardson as planned, and then BPA at 7. If you want to get the deal done, you'd most likely have to give 7th overall, with Nelson and a RB. I think you'd be giving too much, considering that you already have what should be a competitive team for the near future (with Richardson).
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:51 pm

dblj9911 wrote:I already have the 1.1 pick, but I want to trade for the 1.2 pick also.

Sorry misunderstood what you wrote.

I would not fight to get in the 1:02 spot. From what I have seen in the Dynasty drafts on the Cafe the 3 rb's are going first. Unless you are targeting Martin or Wilson alongside Richardson I would not give up what you said to get into the 1:02 spot. Way too much. I would maybe offer 1 player maybe BGE or Bradshaw along with your 1:07 to get it and maybe a future 3rd or 4th if needed. This way you can replace an again back or a back who wont really ever be anything for a younger prospect.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:44 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
dblj9911 wrote:I already have the 1.1 pick, but I want to trade for the 1.2 pick also.

Sorry misunderstood what you wrote.

I would not fight to get in the 1:02 spot. From what I have seen in the Dynasty drafts on the Cafe the 3 rb's are going first. Unless you are targeting Martin or Wilson alongside Richardson I would not give up what you said to get into the 1:02 spot. Way too much. I would maybe offer 1 player maybe BGE or Bradshaw along with your 1:07 to get it and maybe a future 3rd or 4th if needed. This way you can replace an again back or a back who wont really ever be anything for a younger prospect.

I agree here. I think that you are building up the hype of Luck/RG3 and are getting too anxious. Think about who will be there when you draft 1.07

Lets say the top 6 goes like this in some order:

Rich
Martin
RG3
Luck
Wilson
Blackmon

You are now looking at either the last of the "best" rookies with Floyd/Fleener or one of those other 6.
Unless a qb falls, you certainly don't have a need at WR where you are loaded, so at that point I would look to trade the 1.07. At 7 you either have to reach for the next best RB/QB or take Floyd an have a very crowded WR corps.

Offer the 1.07 and a guy like BJGE/Bradshaw to move into the top 5 along the lines of what Cowboys said. Top 5 gets you one of the 3 rbs or top qb. See what guys with picks 3-5 would consider. Otherwise, trade back and collect more picks. Very deep WRs this year. Quality RBs you can find in round 2 include Pead, Hilman, Turbin, and I'm high on LaMichael James if you get a PPR, I think he's got Sproles type ability.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 am

Mostly agree with whats been said. Unless theres a specific player you're trying to get, I think you should aim lower than the 1.2. 1.5 Should get you one of the top guys, and would be much cheaper
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions