Final keeper spot(s). Deadline at midnight, WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Final keeper spot(s). Deadline at midnight, WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Final keeper spot(s). Deadline at midnight, WHIR!

Postby ollie7585 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:14 am

Hey guys,

I'm in a 12 team, 10 player keeper. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE

I have my first 8 spots decided already, I'm going to keep:

Ryan
McCoy Rice
Roddy Fitz Meachem D.Moore
Finley

I absolutely can't figure out how to handle the final two spots. Players in consideration:

Roethlisberger Freeman
D.Williams Leshoure
Little TB Williams
F.Davis

I have the 12th, 17th, and 21st picks in the first two rounds so I should be able to get depth early. Which guys offer the most/best potential for this year and going forward?

Thanks for the help!
ollie7585
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Final keeper spot(s). Deadline at midnight, WHIR!

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 am

I'm gonna say Fred Davis, as Finley isn't very reliable and Davis is the best non-QB you have left.

I don't like Little or TB M Williams at all. I wouldn't keep them for myself unless I literally had no other choice.

So then it comes down to either backup QB or a third RB. Conventional wisdom says RB over QB, so I'm going to take with my last spot either DWill or Leshoure, a tough call. If Leshoure was fully healthy and not in trouble, I'd go with him. However, DWill has quite a talented backfield with him when you consider they have 2 goal line backs in CAR (Tolbert and Newton).

I'm gonna say Leshoure but not happy about it. He's got more upside and you definitely grab best RB available at 12.

Obviously if you can trade say a Fred Davis and Greg Little and get a much better option of an RB then I would do that. A lot of people like Little, but I don't want anyone in Cleveland besides Richardson.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 am

For me it comes down to Leshore or Davis. I think Leshore struggles all year with injuries, but has long term potential. I think Davis is a top 5 TE this year, but so is Finley and it's tough to keep a player that would only start on a bye week. If possible I would target the team with the worst TE and try to trade either of your guys for a WR or Rb keeper.

If you are putting a gun to my head, I'd keep Leshore
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 am

Mikel Leshoure is the best keeper out of this bunch. I suppose I agree with the above poster about Fred Davis, even if its only for the fact that Davis and Finley are both top 12 tight ends and having both could put you in a position to trade. The other players just aren't worth the roster spot.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby yualreadyknow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 am

Roethlisberger Freeman
D.Williams Leshoure
Little TB Williams
F.Davis

I am going to go with Fred Davis. He is going to produce guaranteed because RGIII will need the safety valve in his first year. He can run, catch, and is a threat in the end zone. Out of the guys on this list, Davis won't let you down.

Go with Davis with confidence.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions