Michael Crabtree

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Not a good omen:

San Francisco 49ers notebook: Michael Crabtree injured again
By Cam Inman
cinman@bayareanewsgroup.com
Posted: 07/28/2012 06:57:37 PM PDT
Updated: 07/28/2012 09:35:16 PM PDT

SANTA CLARA -- Michael Crabtree's absence from Saturday's practice was glaring.

Even if an apparent ankle injury isn't serious, Crabtree's medical file from past training camps is extensive enough to raise concern.

"He'll be all right. He's good," running back Frank Gore said. "He's going to be ready."

Crabtree was unavailable for comment and did not attend Saturday's 2½-hour practice. A 49ers spokesman, mimicking coach Jim Harbaugh's usual description of injuries, said Crabtree is merely "working through something."

That officially ends Crabtree's bid for the first injury-free training camp of his four-year career. It took less than one practice, too, as he got hurt with 20 minutes remaining in Friday's session.

Crabtree, a first-round draft pick in 2009, has never played in an exhibition game. His past camps have been marred by foot and neck injuries, as well as a contract holdout his rookie year when he was also recovering from a broken foot.

con't...

more: http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_211 ... ured-again
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Crabtree

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:32 pm

49ers' Michael Crabtree to return soon
Eric Branch
Updated 12:08 a.m., Saturday, August 4, 2012

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49e ... z22dC1Ut4w
Unless a different injury pops up before the regular-season opener, it appears as if sidelined 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree will break his 0-for-the-preseason streak this summer.

On Friday, Jim Harbaugh said Crabtree's lower-leg injury wasn't serious and he expects him to return to practice soon. Crabtree, who missed his sixth straight day of practice, ran a series of sprints on an adjacent field as part of his rehab work.

The 49ers open the preseason Friday against the visiting Vikings. Due to a contract holdout and injuries, Crabtree didn't play in a preseason game in his first three seasons.

"The thing I feel for Michael, I know he's feeling it, too - he came in such great shape. He looked fantastic," Harbaugh said. "We feel like we'll get him back soon and we can pick right up. I don't think this is going to be a major bump in the road. I think this is going to be a minor one. He's chomping at the bit to get back out there, and I anticipate that happening soon."

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49e ... 761894.php
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:38 pm

San Francisco 49ers: Receiver Michael Crabtree healthy and looking faster in camp
By Cam Inman
cinman@bayareanewsgroup.com
Posted: 08/15/2012 08:21:13 PM PDT
Updated: 08/16/2012 12:24:47 PM PDT

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers' playoff run had come and gone when Hall of Famer Jerry Rice chimed in on wide receiver Michael Crabtree.

"He could lose maybe 10 or 15 pounds and be more explosive," Rice said March 6.

Five months later, Crabtree is apparently quicker than ever, even after missing the first week of training camp with a calf strain.

"He looks a lot faster," cornerback Carlos Rogers said Wednesday. "I'm pretty sure he's smarter, and he understands defenses a lot better, in what he's got to do to get open."

Rice didn't think Crabtree got open enough last season, citing an inability to separate from defenders.

Crabtree responded with a dazzling offseason. Though he wouldn't outright agree Wednesday that he's indeed faster, Crabtree noted how he's improved in a critical area that hampered his speed.
stomperrob

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:03 pm

I think he has legit WR3 appeal in PPR leagues but with the pool so deep I'm not sure its even worth speculating at this point. He'll probably be left on a lot of WWs by drafts end.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby SniperShot » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 pm

The QB situation+injury concerns always scared me with this guy. Even though Alex Smith started playing better in recent years I always find myself avoiding receivers without the last name Davis in San Fransisco.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Football Talk