Knowshon Moreno

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm not convinced this kid can succeed at the NFL level

Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno working his way back into lineup
Posted: 07/30/2012 10:59:04 AM MDT
Updated: 07/30/2012 12:26:04 PM MDT
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

Don't count out running back Knowshon Moreno just yet.

On the fifth day of Broncos training camp, the former first-round pick was cleared to rejoin full-squad drills. Moreno, who had surgery to repair a torn ACL on Dec. 1, ran second behind starter Willis McGahee in 11-on-11 team drills Monday morning.

Moreno had been limited to 7-on-7 passing sessions and individual drills in the first few days of camp.

"Every day I just want to try to do more, do more team things, get in there with the ones and get used to the speed again. Today was definitely a good day for that," Moreno said. "I'm not full go yet, but I'm getting closer."

Moreno caught passes from Peyton Manning in those full-team drills and also took at least one handoff and ran right up the middle, behind his offensive line blockers and into a crowd of defensive linemen.

"That's what it is, just building that confidence of going in the middle and being able to drive your feet still with people pushing on you."

con't...

more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21 ... ng-his-way

Interesting footnote:
A source tells the National Football Post that Broncos RB Mario Fannin could play a major role in 2012.Undrafted a year ago, the 5'11/235-pound Fannin ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at the Combine. He was arguably the team's best running back in camp, but an ankle injury landed him on I.R. The Broncos will run the ball a lot less with Peyton Manning under center, but there is still room for Fannin to earn snaps. Willis McGahee will turn 31 early in the season and Knowshon Moreno hasn't lived up to expectations. Add Fannin to your fantasy sleeper list. Apr 15 - 10:56 AMSource: National Football Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6582/mario-fannin
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Knowshon Moreno

Postby Wood Chipper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 pm

I drafted Knowshon last year and was very disappointed.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:39 pm

The team never really has been behind him. I'd rather Ronnie Hillman win that role to be honest.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 pm

LMack wrote:The team never really has been behind him. I'd rather Ronnie Hillman win that role to be honest.

I always get that feel too. I'd love to see him go somewhere that he'd get a fair shake from the organization. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm always liked something about Knowshon as a player... I always feel like if he got a good chance with a supportive organization he could do some damage. Not holding out much hope though.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:24 pm

m16a wrote:I always get that feel too. I'd love to see him go somewhere that he'd get a fair shake from the organization. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm always liked something about Knowshon as a player... I always feel like if he got a good chance with a supportive organization he could do some damage. Not holding out much hope though.

Denver's always been pretty down on Moreno, atleast according to Woody Paige. There is a handful of rotoworld blurbs over the past two years similar to the one below where Paige says his insiders don't like Moreno. Drafting Hillman isn't the strongest vote of confidence either.

ROTOWORLD SEPTEMBER 22 2011

The Denver Post's Woody Paige believes 2011 will be Knowshon Moreno's final season with the Broncos.

Paige has been hammering Moreno for months. According to his "insiders," the Broncos staff "regretted" the decision to draft the former UGA back at No. 12 overall in 2009. Paige has also been told that Moreno hasn't been a "particular swell fellow," offering to hand out his cellphone number to readers so he could elaborate in private. Moreno is signed rather cheaply for the next couple of years. If the injury-prone back produces the rest of the way, it's going to be hard for the Broncos to rationalize releasing him outright next offseason.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:03 pm

So much for Fannin:

Updating previous items, a Sunday MRI confirmed that Broncos RB Mario Fannin did tear his Achilles' tendon in Saturday's scrimmage and is out for the season.
Fannin was a popular deep sleeper due to his outrageous Speed Score coming out of Auburn, but he's proven a brittle NFL back, missing his first season with a torn ACL and now his second with the torn Achilles' tendon. The odds are now against Fannin ever playing an NFL snap. The injury improves the chances of former No. 12 overall pick Knowshon Moreno keeping a roster spot in Denver. Willis McGahee will be the starter, with Ronnie Hillman, Moreno, Lance Ball, and Jeremiah Johnson vying for complementary snaps. Source: Denver Post Aug 5 - 1:41 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... -headlines
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Football Talk