Trying a new draft strategy (mock). WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Trying a new draft strategy (mock). WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trying a new draft strategy (mock). WHIR

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:01 pm

10 team, standard scoring league. I have the 4th pick and have been experimenting with a number of different strategies, mostly involving taking RB's and WR's early and settling for middle of the pack QB's and TE's. Here I decided to try something completely different, and am wondering how you think it turned out. Bench players are in brackets.

QB: Rodgers (Dalton)
RB: Charles, Bradshaw, BJGE (Hillis, D. Brown)
WR: J. Jones, Maclin (Meacham, D. Moore T. Young)
TE: Gronkowski
D/ST: Seahawks (Chiefs)
K: Prater

Do you think this team could be a contender? Thanks, and WHIR.
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trying a new draft strategy (mock). WHIR

Postby Broham » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Looks like a solid team. In my 1st draft, Rodgers went #1 overall. You still have a strong receiver group despite going QB and TE early. I would look at adding depth at RB. If Jamaal Charles gets reinjured you would be in a real bind.
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:07 pm

I disagree slightly. I think you have huge ?'s at RB and very little depth at WR. Yes, you are set at QB and TE, but I think you'll be chasing RB all year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby kcwins » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

murphysxm wrote:I disagree slightly. I think you have huge ?'s at RB and very little depth at WR. Yes, you are set at QB and TE, but I think you'll be chasing RB all year.

+1
Signature removed for lack of payment
kcwins
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby runDMC! » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:37 pm

murphysxm wrote:I disagree slightly. I think you have huge ?'s at RB and very little depth at WR. Yes, you are set at QB and TE, but I think you'll be chasing RB all year.

So true. Charles and Bradshaw could both be injury risks as the season goes on. Ideally I'd pick an RB in the 3rd round and wait to pick up someone like Wallace, Colston, or Thomas the next round. Rodgers was a good pick at 4th overall, but I wouldn't be reaching for Gronk if that's what you did. Even then if you picked him at rank it'll be hard for him to repeat last year's success now that Lloyd is in the mix.

help? viewtopic.php?t=514705
runDMC!
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:48 am

Da'Markus Russell wrote:10 team, standard scoring league. I have the 4th pick and have been experimenting with a number of different strategies, mostly involving taking RB's and WR's early and settling for middle of the pack QB's and TE's. Here I decided to try something completely different, and am wondering how you think it turned out. Bench players are in brackets.

QB: Rodgers (Dalton)
RB: Charles, Bradshaw, BJGE (Hillis, D. Brown)
WR: J. Jones, Maclin (Meacham, D. Moore T. Young)
TE: Gronkowski
D/ST: Seahawks (Chiefs)
K: Prater

Do you think this team could be a contender? Thanks, and WHIR.

Its ok. I don't like taking a TE that high. You need to get Bradshawas handcuff, david wilson. If you would've waited on the TE til round 8, 9 or 10, you could've gotten Hernandez or finley or maybe witten or davis! I think your mistake was going that high on TE. He's good, but not that good. You also don't need 2 defenses. I don't really like your WRs either. Julio is bound to be a bust and wouldn't have been a viable #1 WR even if he doesn't have a terrible year. He's more of a #2. Maclin could be good, but he's also a #2. You're team as a whole isn't bad. You're starting #2s at every WR and RB position. You do have studs at Qb and TE though.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=514853&p=3434121#p3434121
Help me?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Roster Ratings