Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Roster Ratings

Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby wedddle » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:44 pm

League is a 10-team, non-PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BN format.

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Isaac Redman
RB - Doug Martin
WR - Mike Wallace*
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Percy Harvin
TE - Jimmy Graham
W/R/T - Malcolm Floyd
BN - Ryan Fitzpatrick
BN - Willis McGahee
BN - Donald Brown
BN - C.J. Spiller
BN - Brent Celek
K - Stephen Gostkowski
DEF - Philadelphia
DEF - Dallas

I was thinking of dropping Fitzpatrick and Dallas for Austin Collie and Kevin Smith, respectively. I think Smith is about to win the job at Detroit because of injuries to Jahvid Best and Mike Leshoure.

*Wallace has a horrible choice given his contract holdout. Should have went Trent Richardson there.

Plz help me out my team! WHIR!
wedddle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 pm

I like your RB depth although you do not have a strong RB1. Your starting wide receivers as a whole are above average. Julio Jones should have a strong season but I am concerned about Wallace. The combination of Brady and Graham makes this a playoff team. I agree with you about dropping Fitzpatrick and Dallas for Smith and Collie.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 46)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby wedddle » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:59 pm

11stever11 wrote:I like your RB depth although you do not have a strong RB1. Your starting wide receivers as a whole are above average. Julio Jones should have a strong season but I am concerned about Wallace. The combination of Brady and Graham makes this a playoff team. I agree with you about dropping Fitzpatrick and Dallas for Smith and Collie.


Thanks for the quick response.

Can trading Wallace for a lower-tier WR be justified? Like an Eric Decker or Dwayne Bowe?
wedddle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:03 pm

At this early stage in the season I would drop both your second QB and second D/ST, definitely. I'd pick up just about anyone to replace those two. Who else is available?

And at this point I'd hold onto Wallace to see what happens.
Image
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
Posts: 1871
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 15 May 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Straight Cash Homey

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby wedddle » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:06 pm

LMack wrote:At this early stage in the season I would drop both your second QB and second D/ST, definitely. I'd pick up just about anyone to replace those two. Who else is available?

And at this point I'd hold onto Wallace to see what happens.


Some guys that are available that I like include:

WR Austin Collie
WR Brian Quick
WR Kendall Wright
WR Jon Baldwin (If Dwayne Bowe holds out, he's gonna be big)
RB Kevin Smith
RB Ronnie Hillman (Handcuff for McGahee)
RB Ryan Williams
TE Coby Fleener
wedddle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm

wedddle wrote:
LMack wrote:At this early stage in the season I would drop both your second QB and second D/ST, definitely. I'd pick up just about anyone to replace those two. Who else is available?

And at this point I'd hold onto Wallace to see what happens.


Some guys that are available that I like include:

WR Austin Collie
WR Brian Quick
WR Kendall Wright
WR Jon Baldwin (If Dwayne Bowe holds out, he's gonna be big)
RB Kevin Smith
RB Ronnie Hillman (Handcuff for McGahee)
RB Ryan Williams
TE Coby Fleener


I would grab Quick and Williams. Neither of these two pickups would crack your roster soon, so its important to consider long term value. Williams could easily become a RB2 if Wells goes down.

The Rams have been enamored with Quick since drafting him. It could be a bunch of coachspeak but he could see the highest target total out of that list.
Image
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
Posts: 1871
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 15 May 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Straight Cash Homey

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 pm

wedddle wrote:
11stever11 wrote:I like your RB depth although you do not have a strong RB1. Your starting wide receivers as a whole are above average. Julio Jones should have a strong season but I am concerned about Wallace. The combination of Brady and Graham makes this a playoff team. I agree with you about dropping Fitzpatrick and Dallas for Smith and Collie.


Thanks for the quick response.

Can trading Wallace for a lower-tier WR be justified? Like an Eric Decker or Dwayne Bowe?


I would hold onto Wallace, I do not think you will get full value for him.
Also I would pick up Quick instead of Collie. I think he has more upside and can be a good WR4.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 46)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby wedddle » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:24 pm

11stever11 wrote:
wedddle wrote:
11stever11 wrote:I like your RB depth although you do not have a strong RB1. Your starting wide receivers as a whole are above average. Julio Jones should have a strong season but I am concerned about Wallace. The combination of Brady and Graham makes this a playoff team. I agree with you about dropping Fitzpatrick and Dallas for Smith and Collie.


Thanks for the quick response.

Can trading Wallace for a lower-tier WR be justified? Like an Eric Decker or Dwayne Bowe?


I would hold onto Wallace, I do not think you will get full value for him.
Also I would pick up Quick instead of Collie. I think he has more upside and can be a good WR4.


Shoot, hold that thought.

I like Quick too, but I am really meaning to drop Fitzpatrick for Emmanuel Sanders. He is insurance for Wallace. Is this the correct move?
wedddle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby LMack » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:28 pm

wedddle wrote:
11stever11 wrote:
wedddle wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.

Can trading Wallace for a lower-tier WR be justified? Like an Eric Decker or Dwayne Bowe?


I would hold onto Wallace, I do not think you will get full value for him.
Also I would pick up Quick instead of Collie. I think he has more upside and can be a good WR4.


Shoot, hold that thought.

I like Quick too, but I am really meaning to drop Fitzpatrick for Emmanuel Sanders. He is insurance for Wallace. Is this the correct move?


No one will be rushing to grab Quick so I would pick up Sanders for the time being. If Wallace gets traded or misses Sanders gains some value, and if he doesn't you can probably Quick up then.
Image
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
Posts: 1871
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 15 May 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Straight Cash Homey

Re: Rate My Early Draft Team (WHIR)

Postby wedddle » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:48 pm

LMack wrote:
wedddle wrote:
11stever11 wrote:
I would hold onto Wallace, I do not think you will get full value for him.
Also I would pick up Quick instead of Collie. I think he has more upside and can be a good WR4.


Shoot, hold that thought.

I like Quick too, but I am really meaning to drop Fitzpatrick for Emmanuel Sanders. He is insurance for Wallace. Is this the correct move?


No one will be rushing to grab Quick so I would pick up Sanders for the time being. If Wallace gets traded or misses Sanders gains some value, and if he doesn't you can probably Quick up then.


Thanks.

Do you think C.J. Spiller is worth keeping? Should I drop him for Quick?
wedddle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Roster Ratings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:46 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact