OVERCOMING DRAFT PENALTIES!?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

OVERCOMING DRAFT PENALTIES!?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

OVERCOMING DRAFT PENALTIES!?!?

Postby yualreadyknow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:05 pm

I wonder if anyone has experienced this. In my first year (emphasis) with a dynasty league, that for the record, was brand new but mirroring another one that the Commish was connected with. That's important because they were basically using the rules and standards of the previous league and using them in the new.

I was starting bids on players that I wanted/marginally cared about and no one upped the offers so I was stuck with more guys than I could handle. I went over my practice squad/bench rosters and will be docked for 2013 draft picks. I think I can overcome it. Some trades I made this season were for 2013 picks to help replenish some of the losses. The kicker is that I asked the Commish about whether I can make the bids and there was no posted rules on this until after I asked the question then the rules were posted for all to see.

NO gripes because I intend to win regardless but as a Commish, would you have given me grace since there are no posted rules and I was not in the prior dynasty league and familiar with "the way of the dynasty world"? Just curious.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: OVERCOMING DRAFT PENALTIES!?!?

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:54 pm

yualreadyknow wrote:I wonder if anyone has experienced this. In my first year (emphasis) with a dynasty league, that for the record, was brand new but mirroring another one that the Commish was connected with. That's important because they were basically using the rules and standards of the previous league and using them in the new.

I was starting bids on players that I wanted/marginally cared about and no one upped the offers so I was stuck with more guys than I could handle. I went over my practice squad/bench rosters and will be docked for 2013 draft picks. I think I can overcome it. Some trades I made this season were for 2013 picks to help replenish some of the losses. The kicker is that I asked the Commish about whether I can make the bids and there was no posted rules on this until after I asked the question then the rules were posted for all to see.

NO gripes because I intend to win regardless but as a Commish, would you have given me grace since there are no posted rules and I was not in the prior dynasty league and familiar with "the way of the dynasty world"? Just curious.

In a league I Comish, something came up the first year in the draft that wasn't in the rules - I told the owner I would let it go through for him since it wasn't covered in the rules - the rules were then changed with full support from the other owners regarding any other similar cases that happen the the future - not fair to make rules retroactive unless there's some drastic to do it, but only with 100% support of all owners.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby yualreadyknow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:57 pm

That was my thought but I was accused of not having common sense.
Best revenge: Take the title this year and shock the world with almost no picks (rookie) next year.
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:08 pm

yualreadyknow wrote:That was my thought but I was accused of not having common sense.
Best revenge: Take the title this year and shock the world with almost no picks (rookie) next year.

:-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby yualreadyknow » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey, if things get really bad and I find that the most enjoyable outlet I have in life gets less enjoyable, I can just find another dynasty league that will shoot straight with me. THEY'VE ALREADY DROPPED 2 POINTS IN MY RANKINGS. LOL
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner