McFadden, Richardson, Forte? ppr - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

McFadden, Richardson, Forte? ppr

Moderator: Football Moderators

McFadden, Richardson, Forte? ppr

Postby sabomnim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 pm

I have the 9th pick of 10 and will most likely be able to get Brady or brees in the 2nd
The first round should look something like this:
Foster, McCoy, Rodgers, Calvin, rice, mid, cj, Matthews

Id like to get a rb since wr is deep

Who do you like next ( 1ppr):

McFadden (injury prone)
Richardson (unproven)
Forte (bush)
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McFadden, Richardson, Forte? ppr

Postby Jason497 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:00 pm

I like them in that order. I'm probably the only person on the board who believes in Mcfadden enough to rank him that high, everyone else preferred Richardson in a similar thread. Bush is gone and he's proven he is a top 5 back when healthy, I think he's had some bad luck (Lisfranc injury, turf toe, broken orbital bone, ect...). If he puts together 13-14 games I like him over a rookie Richardson in a dreadful Cleveland offense. I think he will.

Gotta go with Richardson over Forte because of those goalline carries, Richardson should eat up a ton of yards which is what Forte does but he should find the endzone more I think. Forte has also been dinged up a lot in his career.

Forte is 3rd but he'll still be a beast, these guys are like ranked right on top of each other imo so I couldn't fault you going with any of them.
Last edited by Jason497 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 am

I rank them

McFadden
Forte
Richardson

My justification for Forte over Richardson is even in games Forte doesn't find the end zone he will be pulling in 4-6 receptions and good total yardage which will keep him a little more consistent and with a little less risk.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Stevooo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 am

DMC
Trich
Forte

in that order for me.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby dagnuk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:21 am

If it's a ppr league, then I go:
Forte
McFadden
Richardson

To me, this is really a decision between Forte and DMC. They entered the NFL the same season, and Forte has been far more productive and consistent in both rushing and receiving categories over their careers.

McFadden has great talent, but.... you know the rest of that sentence. McFadden has never played in more than 13 games. McFadden's career high in receptions is 47, and he's done that only one time. This was the only season he had more than 29 receptions.

Forte has never had fewer than 51 receptions in a season. Even last season, when he played in 12 games (the first time in his career that he didn't play in all 16 games) he had 52 receptions. Forte having Bush in town doesn't affect him all that much, because Forte has never been given those goal line carries, anyway. Chester Taylor and Marion Barber filled that role before Bush, so I don't see Forte suffering any more than he ever has because of Bush. Plus, Forte has never had fewer than 470 rec yards in a season, while McFadden has had more than 285 rec yards only one time.

And finally, touchdowns: Career: 29 total for Forte, to McFadden's 20.
Last season: McFadden 5, Forte 4. As great and as productive as you may remember McFadden's 7 games being last season, he still only scored 5 total touchdowns. I say "only" because until I looked it up, I thought DMC scored more times than that. Yes, he scored more touchdowns over 7 games than Forte scored over 12. I'll still take Forte's production and consistency everywhere else.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:30 am

LMack wrote:I rank them

McFadden
Forte
Richardson

My justification for Forte over Richardson is even in games Forte doesn't find the end zone he will be pulling in 4-6 receptions and good total yardage which will keep him a little more consistent and with a little less risk.

Completely agree, Bush has minimal impact on Forte. His value is in the receptions. Forte's career high in rushing TD's is only 8. He is very capable of getting fantasy points without goal line carries.

I forget where I read it to give proper credit, but I need to see if TRich is the real deal and not the next Ronnie Brown before I draft him this high.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby sabomnim » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 am

dagnuk wrote:If it's a ppr league, then I go:
Forte
McFadden
Richardson

To me, this is really a decision between Forte and DMC. They entered the NFL the same season, and Forte has been far more productive and consistent in both rushing and receiving categories over their careers.

McFadden has great talent, but.... you know the rest of that sentence. McFadden has never played in more than 13 games. McFadden's career high in receptions is 47, and he's done that only one time. This was the only season he had more than 29 receptions.

Forte has never had fewer than 51 receptions in a season. Even last season, when he played in 12 games (the first time in his career that he didn't play in all 16 games) he had 52 receptions. Forte having Bush in town doesn't affect him all that much, because Forte has never been given those goal line carries, anyway. Chester Taylor and Marion Barber filled that role before Bush, so I don't see Forte suffering any more than he ever has because of Bush. Plus, Forte has never had fewer than 470 rec yards in a season, while McFadden has had more than 285 rec yards only one time.

And finally, touchdowns: Career: 29 total for Forte, to McFadden's 20.
Last season: McFadden 5, Forte 4. As great and as productive as you may remember McFadden's 7 games being last season, he still only scored 5 total touchdowns. I say "only" because until I looked it up, I thought DMC scored more times than that. Yes, he scored more touchdowns over 7 games than Forte scored over 12. I'll still take Forte's production and consistency everywhere else.

thank you very much
you got me really thinking about forte now
DMC and richardson leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. last season i was destroyed by injuries so DMC makes me weary and im never happy with going for an unknown so early with richardson (especially since he too has had some knee issues so early)
i love forte but i imagined bush being a big handicap after how well he has always filled in for DMC
but now im thinking he wont be as much of an interference as i thought
i have some research to do now haha
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 pm

In a PPR, i rank them:
Forte
Richardson
Mcfadden

I think Mcfadden is a stud, but I have no faith in him staying healthy.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions