Rank the midround QBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank the midround QBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rank the midround QBs

Postby benb18a » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:18 am

Due to the passing orientation of the league these days, QB is known to be "very deep" especially this year. However, current draft trends don't exactly reflect this, as the twelfth man taken is commonly off the board by the very beginning of the 7th round, which is even earlier than recent seasons (end of 8th ADP in '11 and '10). Rank the low-end starters/high-end backups/platoon QBs for this year.

Matt Ryan
Robert Griffin
Jay Cutler
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Schaub
Carson Palmer

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rank the midround QBs

Postby daullaz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 am

I think Ryan is significantly better than the rest of the guys on that list, and I actually like him better than a few guys in the previous tier. If you can get him at the beginning of the seventh (he's 11th in ADP at QB with a 7.02), I'd be ecstatic. Griffin is 12th in ADP as a mid-eighth guy, but I think he's better than the rest of the tier as well (though not nearly as good as Ryan) and would take him at any point in the 7th/8th if I didn't have a QB.

From the others, I'd put Cutler and Schaub next, considering both have easy playoff schedules for QBs and Cutler has a pretty easy schedule over the entire year. Even with the toughest schedule of the bunch, I'd have to go Ben over Palmer.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 am

Matt Ryan-with Julio Jones and Roddy White this should be his breakout season. I have him as my 7th QB.
RG3-his running ability will make him a high end QB2.
Cutler-new weapons in Marshall and Jeffery should make him a high end QB2.
Big Ben-he is a bit of a risk with Wallace but I still like him if you get him late and combine him with RG3.
Matt Schaub-solid QB2 with limited upside due to Foster and Tate.
Carson Palmer-the young WRs need to step up, but he is good value late.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Dolfan19 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Matt Ryan - Lots of great receivers, and will have more passing attempts
RGIII - Cam Light
Carson Palmer - Had time to get acclimated to the offense, and has a lot of talent to work with. (last year, his stats projected to 4400 yards if he had played every game. and that includes going from watching football on his couch to starting in about a week.)
Ben Roethlisberger - Injury risk, but has lots of weapons and should be throwing often
Jay Cutler - meh
Matt Schaub - Good QB on a run oriented offense.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:44 pm

11stever11 wrote:Matt Ryan-with Julio Jones and Roddy White this should be his breakout season. I have him as my 7th QB.
RG3-his running ability will make him a high end QB2.
Cutler-new weapons in Marshall and Jeffery should make him a high end QB2.
Big Ben-he is a bit of a risk with Wallace but I still like him if you get him late and combine him with RG3.
Matt Schaub-solid QB2 with limited upside due to Foster and Tate.
Carson Palmer-the young WRs need to step up, but he is good value late.

+1 and I couldn't have said it much better than that. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk