Terrell Thomas - another torn ACL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Terrell Thomas - another torn ACL?

Terrell Thomas - another torn ACL?

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Starting to think this kid is snake-bitten:

Giants' Terrell Thomas suffers injury to ACL for third time in his playing career
Published: Monday, July 30, 2012, 6:13 PM Updated: Monday, July 30, 2012, 7:28 PM
Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger By Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

ALBANY, N.Y. – Tom Coughlin’s words this afternoon indicated he didn’t want any of the assembled media to jump to conclusions about the tests being done on Terrell Thomas’ knee. The Giants coach's downtrodden tone, though, suggested he already knew what those exams might reveal.

Sure enough, the news on Thomas following an MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan wasn't very good. The veteran cornerback, on his way back from a second torn anterior cruciate ligament, had injured the ACL again.

Someone informed of the details of the diagnosis said it’s believed to be a partial tear of the ligament. The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants merely called it an “injury,” said it’s likely not a full tear because the MRI showed it’s “still there.” Still, for a player who must stop and cut often, even a partial tear is not good news.

Thomas might soon undergo arthroscopic surgery to determine the full extent of the tear.

"No decision has been made at this point," Giants vice president of medical services Ronnie Barnes said in the team's press release. “Terrell is going to consult with (Arthur) Ting, who performed an allograft reconstruction of the ACL in September.”

Thomas apparently re-injured his knee on Sunday in practice when he slipped during 1-on-1 passing drills while covering wide receiver Domenik Hixon. He left practice later in the session and put ice on his knee, though there was no indication at that point he'd suffered a major injury.

con't...

more: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012 ... ffers.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Terrell Thomas - another torn ACL?

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Updating previous items, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that doctors who've examined Giants RCB Terrell Thomas do NOT believe Thomas' ACL is torn and are optimistic he will play football this season.
Numerous previous reports -- including one from ESPN -- indicated that Thomas' ACL was at least partially torn and would require surgery. So this latest news is a huge breath of fresh air for the Giants' organization. Per Schefter, Thomas will go down to Pensacola on Tuesday for an examination from Dr. James Andrews. But signs now point to Thomas avoiding his third career ACL tear, which would have been a year-ending and career-threatening injury.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Aug 1 - 8:55 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Giants RCB Terrell Thomas did not undergo an exploratory scope on his ailing right knee, and will attempt to heal through rehab.
Thomas is returning to Giants camp, but is without a timetable for a return to practice. According to coach Tom Coughlin, Thomas is in "no pain," and feels "very positive." It's extremely good news, but Thomas has a long way to go before proving he's healthy, and is unlikely to be ready for Week 1. The odds of a setback with Thomas' twice surgically-repaired right knee are high. Prince Amukamara should open the year as a starter opposite Corey Webster.
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Aug 6 - 3:37 PM

stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Thomas gives a 3-8 week time frame for Giants return
Giants Blog
By PAUL SCHWARTZ
Last Updated: 9:09 AM, August 9, 2012
Posted: 12:45 AM, August 9, 2012

ALBANY — As Terrell Thomas headed back home, once again realizing his season was in peril and knowing the Giants were not very optimistic about his future, he held on to his faith but couldn’t discard the angst as efficiently he handles opposing receivers.

His right knee damaged, again, Thomas 10 days ago left training camp behind, uncertain when and if he ever would return.

“I didn’t want to go back to California,” Thomas said yesterday in his first public comments since re-injuring his knee. I told my mom I didn’t want to go back.

“I just left there and I love being out there — get a chance to be with my daughter a lot more — but I definitely love playing for the New York Giants and playing football. This is my life. This is my dream and I worked really hard for this date to come back from the injury that’s so severe. You know, had a little setback and that’s how I’m looking at it.’’

The Giants will be thrilled if this latest scare is indeed “a little setback’’ and their starting cornerback, who gave a three-to-eight week time frame for his return, can find his way back onto the field before too long.

But not so fast. Thomas said he isn’t going to rush himself back on the field, and the Sept. 5 season opener is not paramount in his thoughts.

con't...

more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/t ... 6SIHS1zHWO
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Giants RCB Terrell Thomas (knee) hopes to be cleared to resume running later this week.
Thomas is hoping to be ready for next Wednesday's opener, but coach Tom Coughlin has said it's not a realistic goal. Thomas is tentatively expected to return some time in October. "I feel great," Thomas said. "I feel like I'm improving, my leg feels great, but I think they're going to be cautious and slow me down as much as possible and give it a couple of more weeks. But you never know."
Source: ESPN New York
Aug 27 - 5:47 PM

stomperrob

Return to IDP