Jordan Cameron - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jordan Cameron

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jordan Cameron

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Tight end Jordan Cameron continues to show he’s among Browns’ most improved players
By Nate Ulrich
Beacon Journal sports writer
Published: July 30, 2012 - 11:31 PM

BEREA: Tight end Jordan Cameron slashed across the middle of the field, reached to his side and grabbed a pass from quarterback Colt McCoy.

Later in a goal-line drill, Cameron caught a play-action pass from McCoy over his shoulder in the back corner of the end zone.

Those plays were the highlights of Cameron’s performance on Monday and examples of why coach Pat Shurmur considers him one of the Browns’ most improved players. Cameron, who’s heading into his second NFL season, is confident the strides he has made will pay off.

“I’ve been making plays against the No. 1 defense,” Cameron said. “So making plays against anyone in the NFL, it gives you more confidence, and it’s all about confidence, especially for me, being that I’m new at the position. I think the confidence and knowing what you’re doing [will help] more than anything else. If you know what you’re doing, you can play faster, and that’s what I’m working on right now. But I do have the confidence that I can make plays out here and be a playmaker in this league.”

The Browns picked Cameron in the fourth round (102nd overall) of last year’s draft. He played basketball at the University of Southern California during the 2008-09 season and spent the 2008 and 2009 football seasons as a reserve wide receiver before switching to tight end and starting one game in 2010.

As a rookie, Cameron didn’t have the benefit of a normal offseason because of the NFL lockout. Last season, he appeared in eight games and started the final two when the Browns opened with double-tight end formations.

con't...

more: http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/ti ... s-1.323600

and:
According to Tim Bielik of The News-Herald, Browns TE Jordan Cameron is "making a case" for the No. 2 job behind Ben Watson.Evan Moore is on the non-football injury list and Cameron has taken advantage of the additional practice reps. Coach Pat Shurmur specifically mentioned Cameron's "skill and ability" as a receiver; skills that could lead to fantasy relevance if he can overtake 31-year-old Watson. For now, Cameron is only worth stashing in dynasty leagues. Jul 30 - 9:29 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6572/jordan-cameron
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk