Dennis Pitta - hand injury

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dennis Pitta - hand injury

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Ravens fear that Dennis Pitta may have broken hand
Tight end left Monday's practice early, will undergo MRI Tuesday
By Jeff Zrebiec The Baltimore Sun
8:13 p.m. EDT, July 30, 2012

Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta could miss the rest of training camp and is now a question mark for the Sept. 10 season opener after he suffered what appears to be a broken hand in Monday's practice.

Pitta walked off the field with a trainer less than an hour into Monday's session, the latest -- and easily the most significant -- injury that has marred the first four days of training camp.

The 27-year-old tight end, who became one of quarterback Joe Flacco's favorite targets in his second season, is scheduled to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging test Tuesday, but it's believed that he'll soon undergo surgery to repair the damage.

"It looks like he broke his hand [and] he'll have to get it repaired in some form or fashion," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after practice. "[He] should be back for the first regular-season game, but that's very tentative, and I'm a little ahead of myself there."

The Ravens' season opener, a Monday night home game against the Cincinnati Bengals, is six weeks away.

"I shouldn't really say because I really don't know, but it's not going to be that long," said Harbaugh when asked to clarify how long Pitta could be sidelined. "[Tuesday], we could find out it's different because of the MRI so I probably shouldn't have said anything."

con't...

more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 3439.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk