Doug Martin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Doug Martin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Doug Martin

Postby Cuffs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 am

IMO, his value going forward is sky high. If you own him, you shouldn’t trade him because I doubt you’d get what he’s worth due to his not having that “big name”. If you don’t own him, you should try to get him (though you may be a little late with his monster game last night).

Martin’s remaining schedule through week 15 includes 4 bottom-20 run defenses, another couple mid-round run defenses, and only one top 10 run defense (Philly, which is a fringe top 10 run D right now). And he’s already had his bye. Minnesota was the best run defense remaining on his schedule, and he shredded them in a road game for Martin. To add to that, there are only a couple games left on the TB schedule that, on paper, threaten to see Tampa in a hole and playing catch up. Obviously that scenario poses a risk to any RBs carries. The Saints and the Falcons are the only two offenses the Bucs face that are more likely to put a team in a hole early. Otherwise, games against Oakland, San Diego, Carolina, Philly, St. Louis…it’s about as good a schedule as you could want for your RB, I think.

Just as important, in the last three games Martin has been more involved with the passing game and has finished with receiving yard totals of 37, 55, and 79. I don’t want to exaggerate the significance of these past two games, but it seems as if the final piece of the puzzle fell for Martin last week when Blount was brought in for goal line work against NO last week and was stuffed three straight times. This week Martin was given the goal line in the 4th quarter and punched in his 2nd TD of the day. The fact that Tampa’s passing game is coming together is just icing on the cake for Martin’s value.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rotomedic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I think doug martin is an above average runner with a pretty good offensive line in front of him. He should be good the rest of the way though! Start him with confidence
rotomedic
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby pmstick » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 pm

He's absolutely running wild right now!
Standard Scoring, 8 Team PPR

QB- BREES, Romo
RB- MARTIN, RICE, Sproles, Murray, A.Morris
WR-D.THOMAS, BRYANT, Maclin, S.Smith
TE- GRAHAM, Hernandez
K- TUCKER
DEF- BENGALS, Giants

Mathews for my Ridley/Redman
Rice for my Mathews/Wallace
pmstick
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SirGrotius » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:00 pm

We're witnessing something special in fantasy history tonight! What is the single-game fantasy back record?
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby pmstick » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm

SirGrotius wrote:We're witnessing something special in fantasy history tonight! What is the single-game fantasy back record?

296 yards as I recall, checked it over an hour ago by Adrian Peterson...things is, he scored 4 TDs...that's gotta be close to the highest amount of points scored by a fantasy RB, if not by any fantasy player. He's got 94 in my league! When guys go off they put up like 60-65. Decent games produce 20-25.

Edit: Yes, 296. See: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... e_game.htm

It would be interesting to see how many fantasy points are the highest by an RB....pass-catching and receiving yards would need to be factored in as well. Anybody remember some memorable performances that could top Martin's crazy outburst tonight?
Standard Scoring, 8 Team PPR

QB- BREES, Romo
RB- MARTIN, RICE, Sproles, Murray, A.Morris
WR-D.THOMAS, BRYANT, Maclin, S.Smith
TE- GRAHAM, Hernandez
K- TUCKER
DEF- BENGALS, Giants

Mathews for my Ridley/Redman
Rice for my Mathews/Wallace
pmstick
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby machine3 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:16 pm

....And I just happened to be playing against him in both of my leagues. :~(
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 pm

machine3 wrote:....And I just happened to be playing against him in both of my leagues. :~(

Yeah, how'd that work out? Condolences. The Boise Bulldozer left no prisoners today.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby m16a » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 am

So, are we thinking valid RB2 now? Playable over the likes of a Forte?
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm

I look at him as a RB1 from here on out. I see Forte as RB1 as well. Blount stank Sunday while Martin ran wild, so probably not going to be much of a threat to him from this point. Martin should get feature touches and seems to do pretty well with them. Would I start him over Forte? Barring a lopsided match-up, I would.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm

moochman wrote:I look at him as a RB1 from here on out.

That's how I plan to use him. And if I got him in a dynasty I'm doing a little dance daily. I know I know, he's only just recently exploded. but, while we don't get many Tampa Bay games broadcast in the Midwest the recent clips say plenty. I just want to know, what is his nickname going to be? I've seen Boise Bulldozer and something along the lines of 'Muscle Hamster' which just seems creepily perverse.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk