6 Team League, fairly deep rosters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

6 Team League, fairly deep rosters

Moderator: Football Moderators

6 Team League, fairly deep rosters

Postby PhillipAlpha » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Guys

I'm co-commish for a league with 5 other friends at NFLcom for the 3rd year running - we've tried our best to find a solid system for scoring and roster sizes that make up for the fact that we are still "only" 6 teams, but also attempted to fix the scoring so there would be a high amount of parity between the various positions.

Before saying that the fantasy experience is better with more teams, i must stop you, we're pretty content with the number of teams, and it would terribly disheartening for us to let in strangers (especially if they would end up winning! :P)

Scoring right now is pretty darn standard, but we've recently experimented with PPR while also playing with IDP and are looking for a way to include bonus triggers that would give a fair amount of points while still not letting too many players run away.

Rostersize: 25-30
Offense:
2QB
2RB
2WR
2W/R Flex
1TE (TE's are even more flawed than normally with NFL)
------
1 DEF
1 K
------
2 DL
3 LB
2 DB
------

Looking for ideas to bring more factors into play in terms of scoring, while still remaining somewhat equal.

We're not having that big benches as we still want some decent replacements on the waiver wire. 8-9 spots tops.

Any ideas?
PhillipAlpha
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 6 Team League, fairly deep rosters

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:00 am

w only 6 teams i would add even more starting positions than you have. you could easily require to start 3 Qbs. that still leaves over 12 QBs to be on bench/FA

and i would require 3 or 4 Rbs and WRs, and allow TEs to be in the flex as well as RB/WR. and 2 DEF instead of 1

i think 8-9 bench spots is good. either that or none. but then again ive never played in a 6 teamer...so what the H do i know
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bigmck » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:08 pm

The only thing you can do to improve your league is more teams. Six teams is just not fun. I don't even play in ten team leagues anymore. Both of the ones that I run have 16 teams. It is not that hard to find owners for a bigger league.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PhillipAlpha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:12 pm

please let it be said, i'm based in Denmark, all 6 of us are close friends, and we are not really overrun by people being interested, ideally we want more owners, but we also want to keep it among friends :)
PhillipAlpha
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Commissioner's Corner