Same Ol' Keeper Dilemma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Same Ol' Keeper Dilemma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Same Ol' Keeper Dilemma

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:06 pm

I require more mojo and input so I can be sure I am making solid decisions. The advice of the cafe is indispensable. Previously, in a thread titled WR Keeper Hell, y'all answered thusly: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=513089

What you see before you are my keepers as of RIGHT NOW, July 31st.

One check mark is missing. It is for the FLEX position my commissioner has indicated. Our league starts 2 quarterbacks and there are 8 established franchises in a keeper league entering it's 12th season. Peyton Manning has never NOT been a Fathead (Which predates the product known as Fathead(s). We have as of yet declined to sue even though we have evidence /joke).

Can anyone make a cogent and compelling argument for gentlemen like Marshawn, Dez, DeSean, Steve Smith (Cam!), and my main man Marques Colston? Otherwise the obvious choice is Romo and to draft skill players. I also have traded away my 3rd and 4th round picks but retain my 1 and 2.

JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Same Ol' Keeper Dilemma

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Unless your league awards return yards I keep Marshawn Lynch over Sproles. Since Lynch plead not guilty to DUI I think his suspension will end up getting pushed to 2013.

Since I assume you can start Romo at the flex spot, it makes it a no-brainer to keep him as well imo.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:52 pm

The only way I can see throwing Romo back is if everyone else is keeping 2 QBs and you know you can get a comparable QB back. Its tough to be without 2 top options in 2 QB leagues.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby srlarson » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:49 am

no way would I keep gonzales....he's old...you have better choices......

I keep the position players.....Romo is completely replaceable...with 8 teams..you cna find a better #2 qb......so i keep

Brees
McCoy
Sproles
Lynch
Nelson
Cruz

#7 for me is between Smith and Bryant......Smith is safer, Bryant has more upside......but his legal issues scare me off and i go with Smith.......

then with 1st and 2nd round.....get BPA....probably one needs to be a QB......

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 pm

We start two quarterbacks so 16 qbs get started weekly, plus bye weeks and injuries and people rostering guys just-in-case.

I'd love to not keep Gonzalez but we get one TE keeper slot and he's the only one on my roster.

If I keep a skill guy at flex do I keep Steve smith or Marques Colston? Our league is PPR and scores return yards. Sproles was in fact the 2nd highest scoring rb in our league after Ray Rice.
JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jason497 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Well in that case I take back what I said, I keep Sproles over Lynch but I still say keep Romo at the flex spot.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Mizou » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:44 pm

If you have to start two QBs, I agree with keeping Romo. I don't think you're going to (realistically) get a better starting duo than Brees/Romo.

Yes, you lose out on another WR (or even nutso Lynch), but chances are you might be able to draft one of the guys you released anyway with your first pick.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby kcwins » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Yes Romo under these circumstances is a must. He's set up nicely to have a top 10 year if not BETTER. Drop TG, but I'm not sure what I'd do between Sproles and Lynch. I'm of the belief that the N.O. offence will not be the same without (who I believe is the best play caller in the league) Sean Payton. Lynch will have something to prove once he returns.
Signature removed for lack of payment
kcwins
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jason497 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:15 pm

kcwins wrote:Yes Romo under these circumstances is a must. He's set up nicely to have a top 10 year if not BETTER. Drop TG, but I'm not sure what I'd do between Sproles and Lynch. I'm of the belief that the N.O. offence will not be the same without (who I believe is the best play caller in the league) Sean Payton. Lynch will have something to prove once he returns.

The keeper rules says he has to keep a TE, that's why Tony G is checked.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions