Who should get my last keeper slot? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who should get my last keeper slot?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should get my last keeper slot?

Postby JJLinn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm entering year 8 of my 12 team keeper league, and usually picking my keepers is easy, but this year I've run into some problems. We get to pick 7 keepers (No D/ST). I have 6 set in stone, but the last one is giving me problems:

KEEPING FOR SURE
Joe Flacco
Steven Jackson
Chris Johnson
Percy Harvin
Julio Jones
Jimmy Graham

CONSIDERING FOR LAST SPOT
Vincent Jackson
Matt Schaub
Ahmad Bradshaw

The scoring for this league kinda sucks. It's as follows:

PASSING: 1 point per 100 yards, 4 points per touchdown
RUSHING: 1 point per 50 yards, 6 points per touchdown
RECEIVING: 1 point per 50 yards, 6 points per touchdown

So really, it's a touchdown driven league. Any help is appreciated.
JJLinn
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who should get my last keeper slot?

Postby Stevooo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 pm

I personally like Schaub over Flacco but to answer the question I would go with VJax. I wouldnt keep two qbs either way and I hate Bradshaw this year.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jason497 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:04 am

Why are you keeping Flacco over Schaub? I guess you are way higher on him than I am.

I'd probably flipflop those 2 and keep Vincent Jackson, in a TD driven league I like him. I don't trust Ahmad Bradshaw to stay healthy or keep the job all season long over David Wilson. Of course I never trust Bradshaw and he always puts up solid numbers but I gotta be right eventually lol.

Another thing is we don't know your lineup requirements, if you start a standard 2RB 3WR you'd have your starting lineup solved which is another plus for Vjax. In a TD driven league like yours WR will seem less deep because while there's a lot of guys with the upside to score 1000 yards, not so many have the 10+ TD upside, and Vjax does with a 6'5 frame and Freeman who tossed 11 TDs to Mike Williams a year ago.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby JJLinn » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:08 am

Jason497 wrote:Why are you keeping Flacco over Schaub? I guess you are way higher on him than I am.

I'd probably flipflop those 2 and keep Vincent Jackson, in a TD driven league I like him. I don't trust Ahmad Bradshaw to stay healthy or keep the job all season long over David Wilson. Of course I never trust Bradshaw and he always puts up solid numbers but I gotta be right eventually lol.

Another thing is we don't know your lineup requirements, if you start a standard 2RB 3WR you'd have your starting lineup solved which is another plus for Vjax. In a TD driven league like yours WR will seem less deep because while there's a lot of guys with the upside to score 1000 yards, not so many have the 10+ TD upside, and Vjax does with a 6'5 frame and Freeman who tossed 11 TDs to Mike Williams a year ago.

Schaub's down year really scares me, which is why I gave Flacco the edge. As for the lineup we use, its:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
D/ST
K

With 7 bench spots.
JJLinn
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yualreadyknow » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:09 am

My take.

Keep VJax. A lot can be said about some of his time in SD with Rivers throwing to him. And this is not to say that Freeman can do better in the throwing department but VJax has a legit chance to be a stud WR with the consistent numbers to back it up. Ignore the reports that he will be "fat" and unmotivated after his 5 yr contract signing. Schiano and the mentality TB has brought to Central Fla could turn this franchise around considerably. Training camp so far has shown flashes that this Freeman-Jackson combo could be arguably the best in the division.

You're in a PPR? You could be garnering points for years to come. Best option from your list of three.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jason497 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:04 am

Schaub's "down year" was still better than Flacco's best year. I don't think adding Jacoby Jones and Tommy Streeter changes that.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:06 am

I agree with the others, I would much rather have Schaub than Flacco. I would keep Vincent jackson for your final keeper.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby murphysxm » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 am

I hate VJAx, but this is teh format to own him. He is a great red zone target and will get TD's. Also, I'd throw Schaub AND Flacco back and keep Bradshaw. There has to be better QB's available and Bradshaw would be a great 3rd RB. Even if every other team keeps a QB and they are the best available, you can draft them back
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby wrpd136 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:33 am

Before even reading the following post I was thinking this>>>>>

Jason497 wrote:Why are you keeping Flacco over Schaub? I guess you are way higher on him than I am.

I'd probably flipflop those 2 and keep Vincent Jackson.
wrpd136
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby yualreadyknow » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am

I knew the Flacco over Schaub discussion might result. VJax was just the most glaring. I would prefer Schaub in this format too. Ravens run first and this is unlikely to change even with the supposed reduced workload of Rice. Honestly, neither team has a huge offense, talent wise. Schaub by two noses and a nosehair. Texans O is better!
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions